What's your story....

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by PrayerfulHope, Apr 17, 2009.

1. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

Just trying to get to know everyone a little more, since I'll probably be here for a while..:rofl:

What's your story? How long have you been TTC? What kinds of problems is everyone having, if any? Are you taking any supplements? Do they work?

Well here's me, briefly,

TTC since July 2008 (almost at the dreaded 12 month mark...), TTC our first child. I struggle with ovulation, cervicul mucus production, and rediculously irregular cycles. I started taking Vitex (chasteberry or agnus castus) in late January after having a really painful 7cm ovarian cyst, and the very next cycle (begin in March) I ov'd and had a pretty normal 29 day cycle.:happydance: I take prenatal vitamins (almost at the 1 yr mark on those), and I recently started taking Bcomplex even though I don't know what it's for, and I'll be taking EPO as soon as it arrives in the mail to help with CM. I also ordered preseed, so that when DH comes home (gone with military currently) we can pull out all the stops and really try to make it happen :sex: before that one year mark hits that puts us in the "fertility issues" category....:blush: I'm not counting the next 2 months, as he will be gone (if my cycle is normal) through 2 ovulations.

So now to you ... what's your story? How are you? Frustrations? Worries? let's chat, ladies!!!! :hugs:

2. Alchemist

Alchemist Well-Known Member

Hi PrayerfulHope

I have waited 3 years for DH to be ready to TTC. It has been a horrible journey. It is our 2nd cycle TTCing. I am 34, am nervous about the age factor but am pretty hpefull it will be ok. I have been on prenatals for sooooo long as well. The upside is that i feel great lol

i am thinking of using preseed next cycle if unsuccessful. I dont really do much. I wait until day 12, start OPKs and we DTD for the next week. I just really like to know when I ovulate.....

I think prayer is wonderful. In my religion, it is very significant to prayer for someone else struggling (so find someone to pray for). In fact, i just prayed for someone on my other boards, who was on her 11th cycle and lo and behold, she just got her BFP!!!!

I am known as the fertility priestess ha ha. PM me your name (and your dad's name) and i wll put you in my prayers.......

Good luck honey!!!!

3. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

I'm also big in praying (and fasting) for others. I fasted last month, for myself for the first time, for ovulation and couldn't believe it happened for me, finally, after 8 cycles without ovulation.

Thanks for the prayers, I keep all of you in mine as well.

4. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

*bummpity bump*

5. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

Hi guys.

I am on my first month ttc. We have been off the pill and protection free since september but not actively trying. I am 28 and we are due to marry in august.
    We would love to have a bouncing baby and have spoken about it since we met three years ago. If the wedding wasnt around the corner I am sure we would have been trying earlier.

We hope to be pregnant and be able to announce it in the speeches!

Baby dust to you all!!!
    xxxx

6. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Well we are on our second cycle ttc after a missed miscarriage. I had a ERPC on 17th of feb as i had a missed miscarriage at just over 9 weeks. I had no pain and no bleeding and went for our dating scan at 10+ weeks and found out our baby had died.
    We had been ttc for 5 months before we fell preg.
    We didn't do anything different from normal BDing last time we fell preg. This cycle though we are using pre-seed and i have a fertility spell ring...

It is my second day of af today so will just wait and see what happens this month.

♥ Baby dust to everyone ttc ♥

7. Jessa

Jessa Guest

Great to hear everyone's story....Here's mine:

We decided to start TTC last June. I came off the BCP and was pregnant after our first cycle. That pregnancy ended in miscarriage in August at about 7 weeks.

We started trying again after my period returned and, again, we got pregnant right away in October. That pregnancy was going very smoothly. We went for our scan at 12 weeks in January and heard the heartbeat and saw our little one dancing about (absolutely incredible experience!). Unfortunately, when we went for our checkup at the obstetrician in February, he told us that he couldn't find the heartbeat. He sent us for a scan and they confirmed that our baby had died. I was 17 weeks, but our baby had died at about 14 weeks.

We're now trying again, after waiting for my period to return. We're currently in our second cycle this time. Here's hoping it's a "positive" one! :)

8. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

Aimee & Jessa -

I am so sorry to hear about your losses :cry:

MrsQ - How exciting, I wish you luck with your wedding and cute "expecting" speech on your big day!!!!!

Here's hoping that luck and much more is on our side in the next coming months and that we will each be blessed with a :bfp: very soon.

Glad to hear your stories!!!:hugs::hug:

9. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

What is a "fertility spell ring" ?

10. MonkeyFeet

MonkeyFeet Pregnant after ICSI

I'll be 25 in two weeks and got married 4 weeks ago. I came off BCP in Decmber 2007 and we initially planned to start TTC soon after. However my partner had some set backs in his job and we stopped. After coming off BCP my cycles were all over the place with a couple of them lasting well over 100 days. Since December I have had 3 cycles all around 35 days and finally feel things are settling down in that department. We decided once again to start TTC as soon as we got married and I'm now in my second cycle TTC. I have also started taking agnus castus to attempt to regulate my cycles and I take folic acid. I would like my cycles to be a bit shorter as 35 days still feels like such a lengthy wait from AF to OV to AF again but I suppose we don't always get what we want!

We're trying not to obsess about TTC and I promised DH that I wouldn't however it's not easy. I've just ordered OPKs, a BBT thermometer and some pre-seed to try and help us along. He can be calm and relaxed about the whole thing whilst I obsess a little and at least try to work out when I'm OVing so we BD at the right time! We are trying just to BD as much as possible though and enjoy each other. It's also hard not to obsess when broodiness is hitting me HARD. I stare at pregnant women in the street, I eye up baby clothes and pull at my clothes to work out which will still fit me when I'm pregnant and for how long. It's probably a bit pathetic but I can't help myself. Even though we've only been TTC for two cycles I've been desperate to start a family for at least two years and as I said, we were trying for a bit last year before deciding to wait. It's difficult to just push it aside and not think about it.

I really, really, really want to have our first baby before I'm 27, that gives me until late July 2010/early August 2010 to conceive :lol: I obviously would rather actually have my baby before then!! Hopefully I will as will everyone else on this forum.

11. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Thanks love, well there is a lady who sells them on ebay, she is called Abby. She casts a spell and sends you a ring you are meant to keep close to you.
    Now i'm not really a believer in all that but my friend conceived in the first month of receiving her ring, she has had 4 early miscarriages and she is now in her 8th week this time.
    If you read the guest book it is amazing how many people have got their :bfp:

I'm willing to try it :D

12. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

thast interesting. Do yuo have a link to her page as I cant find an abby on there?
    x

13. Crailly

Crailly Well-Known Member

My DH and I have been together for 14 magical months. Almost from the beginning we talked about having children (hopefully 2) and what to name them etc.

After our first year anniversary in February we had planned to start trying in June, but he got really impatient, which got me excited, and I ended up taking my last BCP April 1. AF arrived April 5, and now we are trying to BD in my fertile period (right now).

I just started charting today, so this will just be practice for charting in ernest next month (if I don't get my BFP).

Baby Dust for everyone !!

14. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

15. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

If you go to the bottom of her page and read all the feedback it is fantastic!

16. susan_1981

susan_1981 Mummy to 2 boys :)

Me and my husband got together when we were 19, got married when we were 25 and are both now 27. We decided to start trying a year after we got married. That was August 2008, fell pregnant in October 2008, then found out I'd miscarried at my 12 week scan on 23 December 2008, baby only 7+2. Starting trying again straight away which was in January, now on my 4th cycle and hoping this is the one!

17. First timer

First timer Wife and Mummy to Lily!

Its interesting to hear everyones stories and sad to hear that many of you have had a hard time.
    I am 31 years old. I have always thought I would want children but never been that desperate to try,however I think the broody gene has finally kicked in. Its our first month of trying. I am still getting used to working out when I am ovulating and when my AF is, I usually just let it happen. I am finding it interesting getting to know my body a little better and I am already symptom spotting (have had quite a few me thinks) I am really hoping that I wont be TCC very long but we shall see.
    Heres to lots of Jan 2010 babies x x

18. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

So many losses.... :cry:

Um.. My story... OH and I have been together for 2 yrs, married for 1, he's 32, I'm 28 and was diagnosed PCOS 7 yrs ago, luckily I have pretty reg cycles if not slightly long (30-35 days) decided to start ttc in Dec last year but 1st cycle was a bit messed up as had IUD removed 2 days before OV was due... 1st proper full cycle in Jan we fell but had an early m/c at 5 wks on Feb 9th. Took 52days for AF to return during which time I suspect I had a chemical pregnancy. :cry:
    We're now onto full cycle 3 and am doing it all this month, preseed, vitex, pregnacare, vit B complex, EPO, SMEP and have had the fertility spell cast as well... WE WILL catch a sticky bfp this month!!! :happydance:

Good luck to all those ttcing

19. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Wow, same as us then :)

Sorry for your loss, lets hope it works for us all, i would like to know how you get on as you too have had the spell cast. We wont know if it's the spell or everything else that gives us a :bfp: if we get one!!

20. priddy

priddy Well-Known Member

Ive been with my hubby since was 16 got married at 20 and started ttc, got pregnant straight away but then my son Luke was stillborn at 28 weeks. I had a fantastic midwife who really helped and encouraged me to start ttc straight away and again I got pregnant straight away however this ended in mc at 8 wks but after what I had previously been through this didnt worry me to much.
    3rd attempt and pregnant straight away again, in and out of hospital all through pregnancy until 38 weeks when consultant said ok enoughs enough lets get you induced!!! I had a beautiful girl on 11/12/1998 named Katie, fit and healthy and a total pleasure!!
    Anyway Ive spent my years working and permanently being skint so between the thoughts of putting myself through another pregnancy and costs of childcare said no more we will be happy with the one weve got!! However my job changed and I know work nights hubby does days so we wouldnt have to use childcare so we have decided to have another go at ttc!!!
    Still feel maybe im mad but hey, we will see what happens!!!

Good luck to everyone on this sometimes traumatic and stressful journey we are all on xxx.