Whats your thoughts on Meredith?

DaisyJump

I'M A MUM AT LONG LAST!!
Reaction score
And how common is it?
And what would be a nice nn?! X

I like it.... what about Merrie for a nickname? or Dippy?

edit: just looked up - 4 Merediths registered in Scotland in 2010, so not common but not unheard of!

I like it, and it is not very common, the only nn I think of is Mer tho, probably bc that is the nn of Meredith on Gray's Anatomy :)

I really like Meredith, I think its unusual but not unheard of and would say that Merrie would be a natural nn

I wouldn't say it was common, I personally don't know of any.

I quite like it actually!

Nicknames:

Memi
Meridi
Mere/Meri
Edie
Didi (pro. DeeDee)

x :flower:

Meredith for a girl: Pretty, classy.

Meredith for a boy: No.

I knew a couple Meredith's in school...way back then. ;-) I think it's a name that grows nicely. I can picture a baby Meredith, a child Meredith, and an adult Meredith.

Mere, Merri, M, Dee

I think I've known one Meredith in my time. I like it! It's on my 'big list' of girl's names. :thumbup:

I'm not keen sorry. It's not very common though on the up side. I have known one Meredith, she didn't have a nn. In England and Wales for 2009, according to the ONS, it was the 638th most common baby girls name with 58 babies registered with that name for the year. So reasonably unusual without being unheard of.

I think it is nice. Like people have said - Merri or Merry as a NN:) Merry is nice on its own too.

I think like Addison it is has a chance of becoming more popular due to Greys Anatomy - Addison more so.

I think it sounds very bookish and serious. And classy for sure. I've only met one Meredith and she fit that description, so that's probably why I think so. It's a smart name and that's not a bad thing! But if that's not what you're going for, a nickname could lighten it up.

How does everyone find out the statistics for how popular these names are?

How does everyone find out the statistics for how popular these names are?
Just type in top baby names Australia, US etc 2000 and such
Here is for the US 2010:
https://www.babycenter.com/top-baby-names-2010

(I was just making a guess Re Greys Anatomy as lots of names become popular from TV shows - I see for the US Addison is in the top 10. Merridith is not in the top 100 - I thought Addison was popular in the US. A surprise for me looking at the list now is how popular Aaliyah is becoming - in the 40's)

Thanks CedarWood, just it was more the "just looked up - 4 Merediths registered in Scotland in 2010" or the "it was the 638th most common baby girls name with 58 babies registered with that name for the year" details i was wondering how people find.

I see:) I usually look at the top 100 name lists for various countries. It is interesting seeing the differences in name popularity between the English speaking countries.
I think this is what you are looking for Re Scotland:
https://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/sta...pular-names/2010/birth-forenames-in-2010.html

Makes me think of Meredith Kercher the girl convicted of killing her flatmate, sorry!

I work with a lovely girl named Meredith. It's a classy name, to be sure.

I like the name Meredith, it's one of my fave names :)

I don't think it's super common but that makes it more alluring as well. Some names can get too cliche.

It's actually hard for me to imagine an unattractive woman named Meredith, maybe because it reminds me of Demi Moore in a movie my mom likes LOL

I see:) I usually look at the top 100 name lists for various countries. It is interesting seeing the differences in name popularity between the English speaking countries.
I think this is what you are looking for Re Scotland:
https://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/sta...pular-names/2010/birth-forenames-in-2010.html

yes, that's where I got it. I've been checking the lists for inspiration!

I love the name and hadn't heard of it before Greys Anatomy so it's not very common, especially in the UK. I think it's such a beautiful name and would suit any age and could have nicknames like Mer, Merri, Ree-Ree, I know someone called Miranda (which is pretty similar) and her nickname is Mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->