Whats your toddler having for breakfast this morning?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by kimberleyrobx, Oct 7, 2013.

1. kimberleyrobx

kimberleyrobx Well-Known Member

I asked OH to go to the shop yesterday and last night for bread, milk etc but he didnt bother and there really is nothing in this house to eat that doesnt involve bread or milk :haha: so emily and i had hot dogs! What has your toddler had or is going to have? What do you make when you dont have the items you need to make a proper breakfast e.g milk or bread or butter etc? :flower:

2. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

Lana had a bowl of dry nesquik (chocolate ball cereal) as we had no milk or bread or yogurt or, well anything really. I was meant to get shopping yesterday but I had a bit of a disaster with one of the ponies and ended up spending 8 hours at the farm followed by grabbing chips for tea on the way home at 9pm

I dropped her at nursery in time for breakfast there, and Leah, jack and I checked the pony and then went to the wee shop and bought enough to do just now lol

3. rocknrolla

rocknrolla Well-Known Member

This morning she had weetabix with fruit purree (and milk) but we have been known to have dry cereal (cheerios or mini weetabix etc) with some banana and a drink of water! I don't think id ever get to the point where we had no milk in the house, i need my morning cuppa else im a zombie all day!

4. cait

cait Well-Known Member

LO had porridge with milk and honey. Sometimes she has dry Cheerios, or sometimes toast and banana.

5. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

He had rice with mince, green peas & cucumber yoghurt salad. He hates breakfast food, he doesn't eat bread, cereals or eggs. So the only options we have is a cooked meal. He goes to pre-school 5 days a week for 5 hrs so he needs a good filling breakfast. After a month in pre-school he still doesn't touch food there & we're not allowed to send food from home. xx

6. Natsku

Natsku Well-Known Member

Maria always has her muesli dry, she just doesn't like it with milk! I haven't run out of muesli in a long time but in the past she's eaten leftovers from the previous night's dinner for breakfast before! When we spent the weekend at an amusement park and she woke up in a bad mood and refused her breakfast she ended up having chips from a fast food place for her breakfast :blush:

7. SarahP13

SarahP13 Mummy to a princess :-)

Well this morning we had cereal, fruit and toast- that's what we have most days but we've had lots of other things in the past:

Yogurt
    Crumpets (normally have a pack in the fridge!)
    Eggs
    Eggy bread
    Pancakes
    Bacon & egg

If we didn't have any of that(!) then we normally have other stuff in the fridge/cupboard that I'd happily give them: ham, cheese & tomatoes; soup; baked beans; porridge (with water)

All fairly quick and easy and I know the girls would eat them!!

8. AngelofTroy

AngelofTroy Well-Known Member

Micah had a potato cake which keep in the freezer and go in the toaster on days when we don't have any bread or cereal in. He also had strawberries.

9. AngelofTroy

AngelofTroy Well-Known Member

I also make and freeze sugar free banana bread in slices for days like this. I pop one in the toaster when needed or can take a slice out with us straight from the freezer and it'll defrost while we're out.

10. CT125

CT125 Mum and growing #2

Darragh either has weetabix or porridge, some fruit, usually melon, and then when I make my own breakfast about half 9, he has toast.
    when he was younger I ran out of everything one day and he had to have an apple crumble jar of dessert for breakfast

11. polaris

polaris Mother of two

Thomas eats all his cereal dry, he doesn't like it with milk at all. However recently he has gone off cereal a bit and he has been having a good few hot breakfasts like beans on toast or toasted sandwiches or runny egg with toast soldiers.

12. lilmissdanni

lilmissdanni Well-Known Member

2 wheetabix then the crusts off my 2 rounds of toast! Waste not, want not!

13. kimberleyrobx

Emily usually has cereal or weetabix or toast etc and sometimes she loves to have grated cheese and slices of cold meat rolled up if she isnt feeling well... she is right into cheerios right now, two mornings ago she had two bowls of the stuff :rofl: xx

14. wishuwerehere

wishuwerehere dh, me and 2dds

This morning she had nesquik and a bowl of natural yoghurt.
    If i was having a real shopping mare lo would have dry cereal or i'd make up porridge with water.

15. Stellae

Stellae Well-Known Member

LO had a whole wheat applesauce muffin and a big glass of milk, nothing involved. All his breakfasts (and honestly most of his other meals too!) come from the freezer, I cook in big batches once a week and freeze single portions. Other breakfast favorites of his are:

Whole wheat and oatmeal pancakes
    Baked blueberry oatmeal
    French toast
    Carrot spice muffins

and usually cut up fruit or applesauce :).

16. JASMAK

JASMAK Mom of three

K usually only has a warm cup of milk and either dry cereal or fruit. Thats it.

17. kimberleyrobx

OH finally went to the shop last night (decided to go when it was pishing of rain outside! wind and gale and all!) but because he went just before 8PM there was no bread left but he managed to get everything else... emily was asking for a packet of her haribo sweets this morning but i told her she had to have breakfast first... so she is currently watching tom and jerry tales and sitting at her table eating a bowl of cheerios :D xx