whats your weight gain so far?

I feel like I'm eating more now since I'm always hungry, but I'm still tracking everything and try to balance it out with some exercise. It's definitely a struggle every day! (especially when all I want is pizza, burgers, etc)

If you're thin why are you trying to only gain a certain amount of weight? I'm thin too and I gained 35 with my last and then lost 40 breastfeeding. I wouldn't worry about weight gain as long as I'm eating healthy and exercising. But maybe you might have another reason for why you need to watch it! I definitely know my joints felt those extra pounds ugh...

I was told at my intake appointment that 25 lbs is what I should gain, so I'm going to do my best to stick with what I was advised. I was overweight with DD and it caused medical issues, so it's definitely important to me to avoid unnecessary weight gain so I can hopefully have a healthier pregnancy this time around. :)

That makes sense then! I just hate all the pressure we have as women to be thin. It's hard emotionally for me to gain weight and it shouldn't be when I'm growing a baby! But you're a different case altogether

@stephthehiker I unfortunately didn't lose any of my weight from my DS even with a balanced diet and breastfeeding so I definitely don't want to add too much on top with this pregnancy. I see you're from VT Though, whereabouts?? I grew up in VT and just moved to PA about 2.5 years ago

I weighed myself this morning expecting to see the same weight as the last 4 weeks, and instead had a 3lb loss.

I got on the scale this morning and down to 172 (starting weight was 175)...no MS or anything and I do eat so not sure why I am loosing...I definatly feel like my belly is getting bigger but I was overweight before being pregnant so could just be all my flub filling out and not being so heavy lol...Almost to the 2nd trimester! yayy! I go Wednesday for my 12 week appointment...so nervous but excited

I started eating a bit better before I got pregnant, so I had lost about five pounds. I weighed myself the other day, after not weighing since before pregnant, and my weight has not changed at all. I am overweight right now. I weigh the same as I did the day I had my daughter, so I really cannot gain too much with this pregnancy. I am proud of myself for getting almost entirely through first tri and not creating a monster. ;)

I'm up 4 pounds, and I haven't decided yet how I feel about that, or what I'd like to aim for. My doctor didn't seem concerned and said I should expect about 40 pounds, which would probably horrify me. But we'll see. I haven't really been sick, but I've eaten the foods that seem most appealing, so that means no salad! :haha:

My plan is to buckle down and start meal planning for myself and put together healthy lunches in advance starting this weekend. I'll also start tracking again, aiming for my pre-pregnancy target plus an extra 300-400 calories a day. We'll see where that gets me.

My doctor also told me that they do referrals to nutritionists! All I have to do is request one. I have another appointment on Wednesday, so I'm going to explore that a little more. I think if I'm seeing someone regularly during my pregnancy about eating, I'll feel more OK with whatever my eventual weight gain ends up being.

I was up over 2 lbs last week, but back down to a 0.4 lb gain at 11 weeks. Not quite sure how with everything I've been eating! :wacko:

I'm down two pounds, but only 6 weeks along. I've had a lot of nausea after eating that has put me off snacking in between meals, and this morning my tastebuds decided to take a vacation or something so everything has been bland.

I'm 7 weeks and down four pounds. I'm not puking or anything, just have some serious aversions to eating in general. Nothing sounds good, or I'll make something and sit down to eat it and the thought of it will make me nauseous. I'm also quite heavy (PCOS is a bitch) so not worried about it. When I hit my second trimester, then I will be concerned with weight gain. For now, I just try to eat nutritiously when my stomach allows it!

I'm 15 weeks 2 days and I've gained 6 pounds. I don't wanna go over 20-25 lb weight gain. I am 5'1'' and used to weight 115.

I take back the no puking part. I just puked.. haha.

Yeah, I literally just go off all food when I'm pg... I lost nearly 3 stone with Madi :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"