Whelan Vs Shettles methods. Gender selection

skypink.mommy

Reaction score
Hello ladies:flower:

First of , let me start by saying that I would be over the moon happy with just a healthy to term pregnancy , regardless of gender, I would feel blessed to have another child.
Now that that is out of the way, my husband and I would like a little girl this time around as we already have a boy! So we have looked into methods and old wives tales just for fun! Also have seen the infamous Chinese chart! And I am curious if any of this have worked for you, of you will be trying any, or if there are methods you will be using? Just would love your opinions ! Do you think they work? :shrug:

Brief summary of methods:

The Shettles method for girls aims to time sexual intercourse for the 2 to 4 days before ovulation. This is based on the theory that 'girl' sperm are 'slower' swimmers and not likely to 'beat' the boy sperm to fertilise the egg first, but that 'girl' sperm are more resilient and have more 'staying power'.

Vs

Elizabeth Whelan, a doctor of science (ScD, a degree equivalent to a PhD) who devised a method of timing intercourse to match ovulation: If you want a boy, have intercourse four to six days before your ovulation temperature rises. If it’s a girl you want, wait just two or three days before ovulating to get busy. The theory is based on biochemical changes in a woman’s body

Thoughts? Good luck to everyone! We will be back TTC on march :hugs:

Hi we are swaying for a boy and are dtd only the 3 days after my pos opk. (If we dtd before we use protection) also dh restrains for 5 days before predicted ov to keep the good swimmers. Tbh Idon't know how much it helps but he is sp keen to try. Also we only dtd ontheon ov day when we got my dd so obviously the theory didn't work then... also would be delighted with another girl but can't hurt to try x

We lightly swayed for a girl using shettles method and diet. Got our inseminations 7 and 5 days before O (I Oed much later than anticipated), was on calcium and magnesium supplements, cranberry supplements, cranberry juice, chinese gender calendar said girl based on my lunar age (real age said boy). Baby is a girl :)

Shettles Method worked 2 of 2 times for me for a boy!

We will do a little gender swaying this time to see what happens.

With my boys they were both conceived with BD several times around O and on O. This time we will try abstaining for up to 7 days and do one attempt a day or so before O.

I'm not really following either of those methods as I have read Shettles has a less than 50% success rate for swaying girl!

flipporama- thats great, an i ask what you did exactly?

We would not have sex after af until positive opk then bd the next day and the day after only. Back then i was 21and not having fertility problems though. Now with my new dh we bd as much as possible because we just want a healthy baby, no matter the sex. My ex switched from briefs to boxers, i used instead softcups too. Hth

My SIL did shettles for both of her kids and has 1 boy and 1 girl ☺

Well my first is a girl! We DTD about 3/4 days before O and I had a diet with LOTS of dairy! My body is also on the acidic side. There this cookbook for the girl diet that I've been following somewhat for baby #2: https://www.in-gender.com/forum/thread.aspx?ID=49300

Thank you for sharing all of your stories! I love all the positive outcomes can't wait to try ! I will be doing calcium supplements and the cranberry juice for sure ! So excited for next month to start trying

I was looking at doing an ingender sway but have now decided on the gender dreaming sway as it makes a lot more sense to me!

Oh course I changed my mind the day after buying calcium sups and now I don't need them lol.

Who knows which one, if any, really works... I guess all you can do it try.

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, and at the time we weren't purposely using any gender swaying methods but my first two are girls and we had sex in the days before ovulation with them, my second girl we were ttc and we DTD 4 days before ovulation up until the day of ovulation and by shettles theory that would mean that there would have already been plenty of girl sperm waiting for the egg and she was indeed another girl.

third baby is a boy and we had sex only on the day of ovulation! so who knows. Definitely worth a try if you're wanting a certain gender, and if it doesn't work then hey-ho, like you said, a healthy happy baby is all anyone could wish for :) x

Curious if I could jump in and see if anyone wants to look at my chart and "predict"! lol We REALLY wanted a boy for my son because the poor thing is just too much for my girls and I feel bad for him everyday :(. Intended on only BDing within the 24 hour mark like I have been told but the I had a failed ovulation!!! BDed on the day of actual ovulation but didn't have fertile CM so I am thinking IF we are pregnant it will be ANOTHER girl. Also read were someone on here said they did lots of dairy for a girl? What if my diet is only about 1% dairy? Only dairy I get in in my yogurt and occasional sharp cheddar.

I had a boy first and then a girl. With the boy I was eating a very boy 'diet' if you believe in diet swaying. With my girl I was eating exactly the same. The only thing I was doing more is exercise. Apparently a lot of cardio can make you more likely to have a girl.

With my boy he was a happy accident but we were having sex every other day.

I started trying to sway for a girl and got pregnant but sadly had a miscarriage. I then stopped swaying thinking I will take what I'm given as long as they are healthy.

We had sex pretty much every day and got a girl...so I have no idea what works haha

I don't think I believe in either method. I'm more inclined to believe that diet can affect the conditions in which sperm can survive.

I'm not sure if I believe that gender selection would work, but my daughter was conceived a few days before ovulation and my son was conceived during the time I am certain that the egg was waiting. Those were the only times we were able to try, we weren't trying for a certain gender. Not trying or preventing next time around (currently waiting to try) and I'll just let my hubby pick when we bd because I know when I ovulate and I want to be surprised in case this is how gender selection works for us! I don't have a preference for either, they are both wonderful =)

Joel was concieved on a very boyish diet not done on purpose and we did the deed dead on O day as we only BD a couple of times that week! I do believe in it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->