When am I exactly ovulating??!! I'm confused.

meisha

Reaction score
I've been using one step OPK's. decided to test three time a day as once a day in the past never showed a positive. I finally got a line on Saturday night that vaguely got darker by Sunday afternoon. It wasnt darker that the test line but I now have no line so this must have been my LH surge.

What confuses me is, I had no twinges, no CM. How long till my egg would have been released? It is now Thursday and I'm getting getting some sharp twinges either side of tummy and my nips are slightly tender.

What confuses me even more is that my ticker on my profile/posts says I still have one day left till ovulation so this would be cd 20!? even though i got a surge on Sat/Sun?

Please help me. Surely the ticker is wrong? the info in the pack of opks told me to test on day 16 (although I have been doing it since af ended)

:dohh::blush:

Hiya,

its difficult to say without actually seeing the stick. Having said that..some sticks will have a line that will only have a border thats as dark as the control line and still be positive. Have a look at www.peeonastick.com to compare and contrast :)

Usually you will ov between 12-36 hours after a positive opk. Many women have no cramps or any signs they are ovulating. As far as the ewcm is concerned, some dont get that either. But there are things you can do to increase it and thus help you conceiving. Id suggest vit b complex, honey, grapefruit juice or taking an expectorant (cough syrup) that only contains guanefesin as an active ingredient.

Id comend you on testing from af however, you probably dont need to test more than twice a day. Usually between 2pm and 8pm. If your's say different then go by the instructions on the pack!

Alternatively, if you feel determined enough (and have the disposible cash, lol) id suggest getting a clearblue fertility monitor. I love mine and its a doddle to use..no more guessing, although a bit more expensive but gives you the upper hand of knowing when you are about to ov so you can have the all-important bd in at the optimum time. (it measures not only the lh surge but your estrogen levels too). I, as most got it at ebay. You can get some real steals there considering they retail for nearly £99.

Also wanted to add, as you may know, your ov can change dates form cycle to cycle. Are you fairly regular?
Hope some of this helps, if any :)

:hug:, Omi xxx

You usually ovulate 12-36 hours after your positive opk. Some women never get a line as dark as the control line so it sounds like you would have ovulated 12-36 hours after it turned positive on Sunday. You don't have to 'fee' O pain in order to ovulate.

Could you post a picture of the stick for us?

thanks for your reply. i have tried to take pics of the tests but my camera just kept going blurry. I have tried a digi monitor but didnt get any positives and i find the replacement sticks far too expensive.

my cm varies, sometimes i get a slippy wipe and sometimes i never get anything. my cycle is 33/34 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->