When are you finishing work?

debralouise

Mummy to Grace and Jack x
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if I'm a little crazy or if it's a good idea. I plan to work until 6th January when I'll be 38 weeks.

Do you think that's too late?

When are you leaving?

Xx

im leaving on the 30th dec I will be 37 weeks, Im then taking two weeks hols so technically will be 39 as my first official day of mat leave is 16th Jan!

I worked until 38 weeks last time and I was fine. The baby was 10 days overdue anyway!

This time I'm leaving at 37 weeks as I have a really long commute and I'm getting shattered.

I finish at 35 weeks 22nd December but that's mainly because Christmas is coming up so get time off anyway but mainly I had 3 weeks of annual leave to take so Mat leave doesnt actually start until 4 days before Im due! Im lucky though, I think... :)

I left work on the sick at 16 weeks, Im 27 weeks now, my maternity leave starts when I will be 29 weeks but I say if you are able to work and dont feel too sore or tired in your work, then work until the end and you will have longer with your LO :happydance: do what feels right for you

I am working right up until I pop. 13-14 more weeks left.... which seems like AGES! Thank goodness Christmas is in there. lol. This is also my first baby, so I dont have other children to worry about either which helps!

I worked until 38 weeks last time and I was fine. The baby was 10 days overdue anyway!

This time I'm leaving at 37 weeks as I have a really long commute and I'm getting shattered.

i feel your pain with the long commute :( im soo ready to finish now

I'm working until i'm almost 38 weeks. I finish 22nd Dec so that I get xmas and new year off. Cud drop anytime then really x

I finished at 38 weeks too, the last week or so wasn't very nice as I wasn't feeling great but itl def be worth it to have as long off after as possible! I'm now a week and a half into maternity leave and bored to be quite honest, glad I didn't finish work any earlier! Hurry up baby!x

I'm working till 36 +5....I must admit its getting a struggle now! And I can't wait to finish!!

Although if I finished now I would be bored at home!! X x

I finished at 38 weeks too, the last week or so wasn't very nice as I wasn't feeling great but itl def be worth it to have as long off after as possible! I'm now a week and a half into maternity leave and bored to be quite honest, glad I didn't finish work any earlier! Hurry up baby!x

I think you're right - I don't want to be bored at home and feeling every twinge , getting my hopes up etc.

I'm feeling fine at the mo but only 30 weeks - guess i'll just sit down a little more and then hope baby doesn't make an appearance at work!! That would give my kids something to write about in Literacy!! Lol xx

I finish on 18th Dec when I'll be 35 weeks. I work on my feet all day in a busy shop and am feeling it now already. I have 2 weeks holiday and then my official mat leave starts 1st Jan, which is 3 weeks before baby is due.

We always work a lot of hours over Xmas so was keen to get my first Xmas off in 4 yrs and I also don't really like the company I work for as they've walked all over me recently so am keen to get out of there tbh. Probably won't go back afterwards but haven't told them that of course!! They only pay SMP even though it's a massive multi-national brand and I've been in management for 3 years now for them.

I'm finishing at 36+3 which is 2 weeks tomorrow and i can't wait!!!!
I'm starting to get pretty tired now and its not even like i've got a manual or physical job or anything so I really feel for anyone who's on their feet all day, you must be knackered permanently!!!
xxx

I'm finishing at 36+3 which is 2 weeks tomorrow and i can't wait!!!!
I'm starting to get pretty tired now and its not even like i've got a manual or physical job or anything so I really feel for anyone who's on their feet all day, you must be knackered permanently!!!
xxx

Haha, yeah actually lol. Especially when there's customers sending you in and out and back again for different sizes/styles all bloody day!! (I work in a shoe shop!)

I'm probably going to work up until a few days before my due date, thats the plan anyway. I want to save as much leave as i can for after the baby's here so that's why. I also dont have any other kids now so have a bit more freedom. We'll see though, if by the end i'm miserable and finding it hard to get around i might start a little earlier, but i'm hoping that won't be the case

I finished at 35+2, originally was 36+2 but brought it forward. I'm still technically on holiday at the mo, ml kicks in on 25th. I had some extra holiday days so it turned out I only had to bring my maternity leave forward 2 days which was nice :winkwink:

My last day of work will be November 30 (can't wait!!). I'm finding it hard to work now, seems my back is always hurting and my ribs are killing me all day, I'm ready to take time off. I'll be 36 weeks :)

I'll be just over 38weeks as I break up on 30th dec and due on 9th jan - going to be hard but I'd like the time off with LO x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->