When are you finishing work?

I finish on Friday :) I'll be 38 weeks - I was gonna go to 39 weeks but I need to do my Xmas shopping!

I'm working until the 24th December, I'll be 39+6 lol I'm due the next day!
It's mainly for financial reasons, more paid time off afterwards.
My commute is 1.5 hours each way, 3 separate trains or 2 trains and a bus.
It's really hard work, my shifts are 10 hours but my work has reduced them to 6 hours.

My due date on my ticker is off so I am really 39+2 days...My last day is tomorrow at 39+3!
But I sit in an office all day...it would be different if I was on my feet.

I'm working right up to labor. I'm 32 weeks now and everything seems ok. My job is easy this time of year, so I plan to maximize my time with LO when she gets here. Plus I'd go nuts waiting around. Financial wise I need to work as much as I can. Hubby is in his last year of college (2nd degree) and he'll graduate in May when LO is 3 months old.

working up until he is born. Probly will be overdue anyways lol. So i will work as long as possible. It makes time go faster too!! i think if you feel fine then dont worrie about working to close to dilivery

I went off at 37 weeks with my DD, and was bored silly at home for 4 weeks (she was 6 days late:) while I waited for her to show up. The only good thing about it was I walked for 3 hours/day during that month and was in great shape for delivery. Going back when DD was only 11 months old was crappy though. This time I'm going off at 37+5 and I have 2 weeks vacation before mat leave starts on my due date. I didn't have enough seniority last time to get vacation before mat leave because it was summer. I'm hoping with Christmas and new years happening right when I go off, plus a 2 year old to run after, I won't be bored like last time.

Well we have to take 2 weeks off before due date, so official date is 05 Dec I think. But then I have 2 weeks holidays which I can carry over 1 week. So that would have meant finishing on the 25th nov at over 36 weeks. But now only in the last couple of weeks I am really starting to struggle. It is a long drive and the work is getting stressful as an audit coming up. I am very uncomfotable so I decided I will use the 5 days holidays and finish this friday.

it doesnt really matter when other people finish, its down to you and how you feel about your job, and what your job entails how much you earn ,your partner wage, and the support you get within your job. i am 30 weeks and am off all ready but i didnt get the support i felt i should have so took matters in to my own hands. you will know when the time is right, but dont be persuaded into staying because some G I jane type worked right through and was back a day after and they are using her as a bench mark for other pregnant staff, if they had lost their baby it would have been a different story, people have very strange ideas and expectations regarding work and pregnancy, so do whats right for you, you have to look after yourself your employers need to be "seen " to be doing the right thing but in my experience they really dont care as long as the job is done sorry to be gloomy but i see to much of it.:winkwink:

I finish when I'm 39+4. I'm a primary school teacher.

Wow! You are amazing! I'm a high school teacher and finish on Friday. I can't wait as am getting more and more tired and started having crampy pains yesterday which are sore x x

Im due Feb. 15 with my first. I meet with my manager tomorrow regarding mat. leave. My aim is to leave Jan 16th but take the week of the 9th off too for my final week of annual leave.

I have 3.5 weeks to go :) finish at 35+5, can't wait now!

So excited my last night is tonight!! I'm a nurse and work 12 hour nightshifts in a NICU- busy! Last pregnancy I worked up unti 40+4, but this time I am so swollen it hurts to walk. So ready to be done!!

i was supposed to stop working at 37 weeks, but it was more like 38 weeks! Even then we had decorating to do so ive only just been able to put my feet up this week :D I am self employed and own two businesses and found it great working to full term as it made the time fly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->