When are you going on maternity leave?

lilliesmummie

Reaction score
Hiya.
I was supposed to be finishing work in 5 weeks, but I've been in hospital, my attendance is rubbish etc, so I decided to bring my holidays forward. So now ill be leaving work in 2 weeks.. I'll be 34weeks. Does this seem really early to anyone else? Luckily I've got 6 weeks holiday so my maternity leave wont actually start until my due date. I just feel like I've decided to leave too early x

I've been quite lucky with mine. I work term time only and the Easter holidays started when I was 38 weeks so I worked up to them but my maternity pay doesn't start til the end of the holidays.

I finished at 37+3 and this was the right time for me - I wasn't feeling too bad, haven't had any problems and felt I could keep going til then. Time really has slowed down since finishing work though, but if you have plenty to keep you busy you'll be fine! And if your mat leave won't start for 6 weeks I'd say go for it :) x

Thanks.
I've got a little girl already so she will keep me busy, haven't had chance to pay much attention to my pregnancy so far. I just feel a bit silly when I tell people how early I'm leaving. Like they will judge me. But if I'm honest I haven't spent time with OH or LO on a weekend for as long as I can remember, so quite looking forward to it..
Xx

I'm also going on maternity leave at 34 weeks.

Its a bit early compared to when other people go on maternity leave, but it feels right to me.

Going to work is a bit of a struggle - I'm not sleeping great, have a long commute and the work is stressful. So I'm happy to be stopping at 34 weeks.

I will enjoy having some time at home before the baby is born to read parenting books, buy last minute things for the baby, cooking some meals to put in the freezer and doing things for myself like getting my hair done.

Induction due around 38wks
Due to finish work intitally at 35wks but due to ill health (currently V&D, GD and SPD) i'm now changing to 34wks.
I'm currently 32&4 so not long now!
I'm sure we can find something to entertain us. I have a lot of movies/tv programmes on download and hoping the weather picks up so can lie and relax in garden with a book. Good luck xx

Im leaving in 2 weeks, ill be 35 + 5.

Im happy to go then, Im on my feet most of my shift and its a fast paced environment and stressful!

Nah if u have holidays go for it!

I wish I was but im working til 25/5 and having my cs on 28/5 :(

So over it and wish I could leave now

i'm a teacher so will be working up to next hols (24th May :) ) I'll be 37 weeks

my maternity won't start till i'm due to go back on 3rd June though so I click a week's pay :happydance:

I don't think 34 weeks is too early - esp if you've not been well - enjoy the time while you can :)

No you got to what is right. I'm a nurse and ive stopped at 34 weeks. Got dome holiday and then mat leave at 38 weeks. I can't physically keep going at work. Had been doing 13 hour shifts but was in so much pain by the end from my back and bump. Decided I need to look after me now.

If you're not well enough to work there's nothing wrong with taking mat leave early! You have to take care of yourself and LO :). I've got 3 days left (going on mat leave on my due date), can't wait! :)

No it's not too early. Everyone is different, and every pregnancy is different, so you have to do what is right for you, not what might be the "norm" or what is right for other ladies.

This is my last week at work, so I will finish at the start of my 37 weeks, but to be honest I could have done with stopping a week earlier as I am struggling now. As I only had the one week left I've decided to stick it out, but I am certainly looking forward to stopping now. The days are long and I'm pretty uncomfortable, walking is difficult, and getting myself ready and out of the house in time in the mornings is really tough. Today I feel really sick, and work is also busy, so not a great start, but I keep telling myself its the last week!

I am hoping that baby stays put for another couple of weeks at least, so I can enjoy the last of my pregnancy without the set work hours!

I started my mat leave today (32 weeks tomorrow) pretty early but I've got 6 weeks of holidays to take first anyway, so my maternity pay wont start until 38 weeks....I could of worked a little longer if I'm honest but I have so much to do to keep me busy plus 2 children already so I'm sure I've made the right decision!

X

I finished Friday just gone at 35 + 1, on annual leave for two weeks them maternity starts two and a bit weeks before due date. I was totally ready to stop though before it got really tough.

i'm leaving on Friday :happydance: like you i've got annual leave to use up, so I figure why not?

My last day at work is next Thurs, then I have 3 weeks holiday before my mat leave kicks in..... id leave now if i could (and im only part time now), im finding everything so much harder with this pregnancy than my last!!!

I am finishing at 34 weeks instead of my planned 36, but like you I've got 3 weeks of holidays to take first. To be honest I felt a bit lazy but I'm struggling to stand at work all day and I'm now 100% certain I've done the right thing.
Everyone is different so don't compare, plus my midwife said that if she could recommend a time to finish to everyone it world be 34 weeks xxxx

I finished at 29 weeks! Lol after fainting at work my husband was really keen for me to give it up! Since am not going back to work anyway If he wants to support me earlier that's fine by me! It's makin me super lazy tho! But really enjoying not working! And to be honest I think if I was stil working I would definitely be struggling as I worked as a gymnastics coach! It was rather physical! Xx

I will be off work at 36+2 & as I have holidays due to me, I won't start my maternity pay for another 3.5 weeks. TBH, I wish I was going now, long commute, am so tired & sore too! Only 3 weeks to go though, hopefully they won't drag too much!

I finished at 34 weeks :thumbup:
I was suffering with sciatica and my job my making it worse. Plus I was born early (36 weeks) and I keep thinking she'l be early too. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->