When are you going on maternity leave?

Starting mat leave at 35 weeks. My job is so stressful & really tires me out.

With bank holidays & my remaining holiday weeks 30-35 are 4 day weeks so I can slow down a little.

Thanks ladies!
I had planned on working until my actual due date. But my manager came and told me
I had 6 weeks holiday which was owed to me! I was relieved. Was going to take 4 weeks before my maternity and 2weeks at the end, but now I'm happy to be leaving at 34 weeks. If I've got holidays and ill get payed then why not! Be nice to spend some
Time with my family before the newest member arrives. Thanks a lot. Feel 100% better now and don't feel like I have to justify my decision to everyone when
They ask when I finish work lol! Xx

I'd leave now if I could, at 33 weeks. I'd have left weeks ago, actually. Work is really hard, but I just can't afford it so I'll be working until I go into labor. So definitely not too early!

I start maternity leave when I will be 36+3. Thinking of asking for every Wednesday off as leave until then though as starting to struggle at work all day.

I start my leave at 34wks (but I work 4 days a week). So i only actually have 7working days left (not that i'm counting! :haha:) As of today though, I have reduced my hours though to only 4hours a day for the last few days. I have an obscene amount of sick leave and my work load is under control, so I thought why push myself through back pain if I don't have to and won't lose any money. Luckily I have annual leave and long service as well, so I will still get to take 12months off work. I admire those that do work closer to their due date. I'm just knackered and need a break before it all starts.

I met with my boss yesterday and have decided to work my 23 hrs over 3 days instead of four to let me have two days at home to rest etc. I usually walk my kids to school for 850 then walk to work for 9, finish at 3, collect kids and then do tea, homework, laundry etc etc.

My parents have offered to collect kids on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and give them tea etc so I can work on til 5/530. Alhtough it's longer days my patient visits will be minimised and I will mostly be doing paperwork and operational stuff.

I finish when I am 36+1 so only have 14 days left at work which sounds quite a lot but I have so much to do before I pass patients onto colleagues etc.

my maternity starts at 37 weeks with hols before that so my last day in work will be at 35 weeks,, cannot come fast enough :(

I was going to leave at 36 + 2, but spoke with work today & now going at 35 + 3, not a great difference on paper, but I feel like it is massive! Am over the commute (2.5 - 3 hour round trip each day) & am so tired with no energy that I can't face staying until the end of the month!

I finish on Friday :happydance: I'll be 37.3. I've only got one week of holidays to use so technically mat leave will start at 38.3. It's really rough this week though, really feel like I should have finished last week - but my replacement only started last Tuesday so I didn't feel right leaving after only a couple of days of training. Nearly there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->