When are you planning to stop your birth control?

Autumn leaves

Reaction score
Hey :)

I've been on the pill for 7 years, Microgynon currently. We are waiting to try in July 2015. It so happens I have just started one pack and have one left for after that.

I'm planning to stop after the second pack so would be middle of April. Leaving 2.5 months until ttc.

Does this sound like a wise time or too short? When is everyone else thinking of doing so? :)

i'm currently on the implant. i'm looking at having it out early - sometime between soon and july - and then using non-hormonal (possibly diaphragm) until ttc in 2016 :D

With DD, I stopped as soon as we decided to start trying. I got pregnant the second cycle after stopping (I was on the pill for 6 years prior). This time I stopped back in September because we thought about trying then, but decided to hold off. I didn't go back on it so we've just been using the withdrawal method and condoms.

2 months sounds like plenty of time before trying! :flower:

My last pack of microgynon will finish end of April, then we're planning to start ntnp fairly soon after. We will be spending all of May staying with family so probably wont have much opportunity to try then!

Last time I stopped taking the pill it took 11 months to successfully get pregnant.

DS will be 2 in April and I don't want an age gap bigger than 4 years but aiming for a 3 year age gap so I think im going to stop my pill at the end of this month and just see what happens.

im stopping mine then starting TTC straight away! i couldnt stop it earlier as wanted to time it so wont have af during the wedding/honeymoon

I stopped mine Dec first. We didn't even know when we were going to start trying... I know my af is irregular though so I wanted to see what it would do for a few months too.

Besides condoms, I've not been on any pills or contraceptive since I had my son. For some reason after I had my babies my body has become super sensitive to all medications and hormonal birth control :shrug: it's probably all the hormonal changes that take place during pregnancy. It's true what they say, your body is never the same again after childbirth. We were just using condoms until a week ago, now DH is pulling out. We're not going to TTC until July, but if I happen to fall pregnant before then, we will be able to handle it easy :thumbup: (shhh secretly hoping I do...)

I never went on bc after I had my son last May. I really don't like the way my body feels when I'm on it. I know quite a few women who have gotten pregnant right after they stopped taking it though. Like the 2nd cycle when they started trying.

I will stop taking microgynon at the end of May. I conceived both of my children the first month after stopping but just waiting until May to avoid another Christmas baby! Will be happy whatever month we conceive :)

Hi everyone!

I've been on microgynon now for 11years and I have 4 more pills left before we NTNP. So hopefully I will get AF back to normal cycle in the next couple of months and then probably ttc in June/July time! Although we have booked a group holiday to spain in the middle of July, so it may be slightly difficult!

I was on ovysmen for just over a year after having my implant out, I was planning on using the rest of them and finishing at the end of April to start trying in May but I came off it at the end of January just to get my body back to normal and figure out my cycles and when I ovulate etc.

I have decided I'm stopping whenever my cycle ends (inactive tabs) in January 2016 as we are TTC in February. Up to my husband whether he wants to just NTNP for that month or use condoms. Although, I was planning on using OPKs for that month just to make sure I ovulate before heading overseas to TTC on our trip. What do you guys think of that?

I have been on the pill (monofeme then loette) for 9 years at the moment and probably around 10 by the time I stop....I am so excited, I have no idea how I'm going to go over the next 10 months!

WTT is so distracting and TTC will probably be more so....I really need to focus on my goals I have to complete before TTC.

Wishing everyone luck and baby dust!

https://lt3f.lilypie.com/YXJK.png

I think coming off a month before sounds like a good plan.

At least then it gives you chance to settle back into a regular cycle so you know what to expect when you start TTC

Good luck
X

I already did three weeks ago. It doesn't sit well with me. Even on the sugar pill I never got a period so after this pack ended my husband and I decided I should quit.

I feel so lame switching back to condoms as condom sex is so much worse. Buut it's good as the transition to ttc will be easy!

I think I will stop a few months before actually ttc and work out when I ovulate as would prefer a spring summer baby if I can

My coil is coming out 21st April. Then think we're going to start trying from beginning of June:) I've only had my coil since November. Aseere previously ttc x

I stopped my BC a year and a half ago and we're not TTC until 2017 :) my body just hated BC and we were happy with the idea of an "accident".

I have been on birth control for 13 years. We are getting married in August, so I will definitely stay on it until after that. I would like to start TTC in spring 2016, but I don't know if hubby will be on board since I will have just started going back to university. Spring 2017 to start TTC is the latest I can imagine.

I have been on and off BCP for the last 14 years. I'm half way through my second last pack, so as of May we will be NTNP! :) I'm excited. We'll see what happens and just have fun with it for a few months and if nothing happens we'll start TTC around October.
We both want a little beaner, but we want to enjoy some married time together as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->