When are you planning to stop your birth control?

I'll do exactly what I did last time and stop when we're ready to TTC (which will be probably sometime the end of 2015). I don't buy into the idea of stopping early unless you already know you have fertility issues and don't ovulate regularly anyway, in which case maybe it might be good to give it a few months to sort itself out, if coming off the pill tends to mean it sorts itself out. Otherwise, if you have healthy cycles to begin with, you should pop right back into normal, fertile cycles, probably with an added fertility boost. The hormones flush out of your system within a couple days and then you're ready to go. Last time, I finished my pack of pills at the end of April and we started TTC in May. I was pregnant by June. I was on the pill pretty consistently for about 13 years before that. I've been back on it now for 2 years. My best friend, who has also been on the pill about as long as I had the first time, and had a similar few years on it in between babies, got pregnant her first cycle without ever getting a period both times. So don't feel scared into thinking you have to come off early unless you want to. If you don't want to or you don't want to chance getting pregnant sooner or having to use condoms, etc. then wait until you're ready to take the plunge.

I'm planning on coming off and TTC right away without waiting. The only time I've been off BC in four years I missed a week because of my insurance and waiting to get my pack and bled within two days. I was also super regular before so I'm not super concerned...although I suppose you never know until you try. Honestly, we are starting August next year and in July we are going to Mexico for one last fling before baby and the thought of my period on my vacation is appalling. I hate periods to begin with...I mean, to an unnatural degree. And I haven't had one since that one small bleed so it's going to be an unpleasant enough shock for me to get mine back without it being on my trip. So, that's why I'm not coming off early.

Honestly, I've forgotten what it was like to have one...and I know that'll be the hardest part of TTC for me, I just hate the feeling of not being clean. Although I'm thinking of getting a diva cup and seeing if that makes it better for me to cope with. Haha, I sound like such a weenie...who would have though being a woman could be so hard! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->