When are you telling people?

oneday123

Reaction score
I mean most people won't know until after the first scan, but I'm wondering whether you will be telling some people (parents for example) before? I know that I don't want to tell our parents yet as it's just far too early, but I can't decide when we're going to tell them. Maybe over Easter as I'll be 7 weeks then.

I have told my mum, 3 best friends, my support worker, health visitor and some of the mums on my Facebook groups. Oh and my sister. Pregnancy and especially miscarriage is a horrible time to deal with it alone.

My DH and I are still the only ones to know.

We are going to tell them next week after Tuesday scan. I am close to my family but have enjoyed it being my little secret for the last few weeks.

I don't think there is a right or wrong as to when to tell people xx

The only people who know are my three best friend and my mum and it will be staying that as long as I can hide it or after the 12 week scan, whichever comes first :)

We kept it to ourselves for a week which was lovely but then I just had to tell my friend who's asked me every month for the past 20 if I am pregnant lol and I didn't feel like I could tell her and not the other two as I didn't want to hurt their feelings xx

People who know: my mum, my best friend, my manicurist (turning up with a packet of tomato juice and pretzels was pretty much telling).

Everyone else has to wait till after 12 week scan :)

My best friend knows and my husbands best friend. Also I have told my boss and he has told his boss too (just in case of time off etc). No one else knows and we will probably tell them after our first scan in 4 weeks time :)

Well we wanted to make sure at the 12 week scan everything was ok and to our relief everything was, so my partner insisted we tell parents/family first and then anyone else we knew- so we left it until dead on 12 weeks, I think if we could have told out parents and family and then left telling everyone else a bit longer i would have preferred but he hated keeping a secret. :)

I'm so worried that I'm going to slip up and say something! Especially with parents! I was going to surprise dh by telling him on his birthday which is over the weekend with a baby gift, but couldn't keep it in! He asked after getting home from work if I thought I might be pregnant, and I tried not telling him but the smile gave it away :)

My mum and best friend know, thinking of telling my brothers after doctors appoinment next week, everyone else will be after 12 week scan.

My parents and my hubbys parents know , my best friend and his as well. Two co-workers and that's it for now, I'm waiting until after my first ultrasound to tell a few more :)

Our parents were here when we found out and because we thought I was miscarrying and had to go to the doctors a few times we have been giving them updates. I will announce to the rest of my family and friends via a Facebook post on national siblings day. I plan on congratulating dd on having a new brother or sister. I will be 12 weeks and know the gender by then since we will be doing a free fetal cell DNA test at 10 weeks.

we telling people as we go along ... with my DD we only told a few people after 12 weeks the rest just saw my tummy growing ...

The only ones that know are my toxic mother (not that she seems to care), DH's parents and one of our friends. The only reason that they know is because we've been telling them we're TTCing and they knew about our 2 year struggle, including 6 IUIs and 2 IVFs and when I'd be going in for my beta. Everyone else will be told after my next scan between 11-13 weeks when we're sure the baby is healthy (FXed!).

I've not told anyone yet other than DH, after 3 previous losses it just feels like we jinx things as soon as anyone else knows. If it was up to me I wouldn't tell anyone at all until baby was here, but obviously that's not possible!

I told my kids at 20 weeks.. close friends at 22 and everyone else at 32 weeks x

The only people who know are my three best friend and my mum and it will be staying that as long as I can hide it or after the 12 week scan, whichever comes first :)

We kept it to ourselves for a week which was lovely but then I just had to tell my friend who's asked me every month for the past 20 if I am pregnant lol and I didn't feel like I could tell her and not the other two as I didn't want to hurt their feelings xx

I sent you a PM 😃😃. Also I think it's fun keeping a bit of a secret also. I did tell my best friend though.

Our secret until third tri was purely because I had two very poorly babies :( Also, I'm watched by people that have it in for me. Otherwise I probably would have screamed it to the world at 5 weeks lmao.

Just DH, we're waiting for 12wk scan to make sure everythings okay.

We told family after our 12 week scan and we put a simple notification on Facebook after our 20 week scan - we waited till we knew the gender to avoid all the annoying questions!

We still haven't told everyone. My parents, a few friends and Co workers know but we're still keeping it a secret from everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->