When are you telling people?

My parents know, my husband's parents know, and we both told our two best friends. I was far too sick to hide it from certain people.

I feel like it's too many people tho :wacko:

Fingers crossed baby hangs on and is healthy. We have seen the heartbeat... I'm excited for it to just be 'out' in the open.

At the moment only my DH knows. I want to get through atleast the first scan to tell our parents and siblings. Everyone else will find out when I am out of the first trimester.

I told my sister right away, my parents after my first scan, my boss when I had to take some time off work and everybody else after my 12-week scan.

We have told close friends and family except my two children! I'm trying to find a nice way to tell them as I know they're going to be over the moon but I want to wait until the scan so they have the visual too!
My work do not know yet either! I'm dreading working up the courage to tell them, although it's slightly obvious to me that I am (others will probably think I gained 10lbs over the Feb half term).
Any ideas for announcements to my children?

Only dh and I know right now. I've been considering telling my boss and coworkers as I have lifting requirements at work and for safety reasons if their was a child I couldn't lift after an injury or something as I work with toddlers and infants. I'm trying to wait with telling work until my first scan end of this month but if I have to I'll tell sooner. I kind of wanted to spill the beans on Easter to family but we may wait until the 3rd month mark when we are in more of a safety zone. We will see ds announcement shirt is on the way already to our house I can't wait!

Only hubby and I know at the moment, but I am visiting my family next weekend and I'm very obviously showing already so will have to tell them before they guess. Planning on telling them when we get there and in laws when we get back. Everyone else can wait til the 12 week scan

The only people who know are my three best friend and my mum and it will be staying that as long as I can hide it or after the 12 week scan, whichever comes first :)

We kept it to ourselves for a week which was lovely but then I just had to tell my friend who's asked me every month for the past 20 if I am pregnant lol and I didn't feel like I could tell her and not the other two as I didn't want to hurt their feelings xx

I sent you a PM 😃😃. Also I think it's fun keeping a bit of a secret also. I did tell my best friend though.

Hey! Haven't had a message Hun, have sent you one now let me know you get it X

I told everyone after my scan at 7 weeks :) I don't believe in jinxing anything and if anything were to happen ode want the support from fiends and family so I felt comfortable announcing early :)

I've always told people "early." I get waiting until you're in the "safe zone." But, I have supportive family & friends & would want them there IF something happened.

After 8 miscarriages, we're not telling anyone until way past 15 weeks. I'll probably tell my parents in a couple of weeks as we'll be moving house and I feel awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->