When are you telling your other children?

momwithbabies

Mom of Two
Reaction score
Hi, ladies. I have a 9 year old and a 7 year old who have no clue I'm almost 8 weeks along. I haven't had an ultrasound or seen my doctor (I go in when I'm close to 12 weeks).

So, when should I spill the beans? They've noticed I'm not feeling my best. I keep reminding them not to sit on my belly. They probably think I'm the laziest mother on earth! :sleep:

When are you telling your other sweet one(s)?

Hi, I have a 4 year old. It's very hard not to tell her as every day she asks for a sibling :(

However it's not fair of me to tell her and ask her to keep it secret. I'd also be mortified if I'd got her hopes up and then something went wrong.

I want to wait until I'm 16 weeks, but I already struggle with showing so it may be just after our 12 week scan.

Hopefully we'll get that far!

My 2 are 4 and 1 so won't click on I don't think but my oldest has noticed me being sick and asks if I'm ok. We are planning on waiting till our 12 week scan as my oldest will tell everyone and anyone his mummy is having a baby lol

When I was pregnant last time my son was only 2 and a half and didn't have best speech so we told early on and he used to hug my belly but couldn't actually tell anyone.

X

I have a 2 year old he knows about the baby and kisses my tummy but he is so little he doesn't really get it. Or remember really!

Beth, ds is the same, always asking for a sister! We've told everyone (adults) but I think it's too soon I tell her yet simply because she won't understand she has to wait 6 1/2 more months!!
X

I have 7 kids ages 14-16 months. I told them all the day i found out, and told them its a family secret right now. But i wanted them to know cause i had one mc and they should know if it happens again why i am sad. I was only worried about one saying something but he is doing good.

We will tell my 4year old son during my scan, which is at 13.6weeks x

Thanks for the replies, ladies. I don't want to tell them, in case something goes wrong. But at the same time, if something does go wrong, they will probably find out what went wrong. They, too, are always asking for a little brother or sister. I don't want to get their hopes up.

It was so much easier telling my first he was going to have a sibling because he really didn't understand.

Mine are 10, 7 and nearly 2.... There don't know, and i won't tell them until i had a scan.

I told them about 1 pregnancy and they got excited and it broke my heart to tell them that i had miscarried, it affected my youngest son... so when number 3 came along i didn't tell them until i had a scan to make sure everything was ok :)

Awwe my kids are 10 and 8, and I was also scared to tell them in case it went wrong. I had a private scan and everything was fine, so we told them then everyone else. xx

Hi, ladies. I have a 9 year old and a 7 year old who have no clue I'm almost 8 weeks along. I haven't had an ultrasound or seen my doctor (I go in when I'm close to 12 weeks).

So, when should I spill the beans? They've noticed I'm not feeling my best. I keep reminding them not to sit on my belly. They probably think I'm the laziest mother on earth! :sleep:

I have 5 boys and 1 girl. I told them straight away but my daughter is now desperate for a sister lol. Do you have 2 boys or one of each?

We just told our 7 and 10 year old yesterday. I'm currently almost 12 weeks and I've had 3 scans so far. They're both excited although I'm sure the youngest one will have an adjustment period. My 10 year old asked, "did you have to do something to put the baby in there?" Lol

They already know. My 4 year has been bugging for a little sister for awhile now. He understands everything where as I don't think my 2 year old really grasps the concept yet. And I thought for sure my oldest would of spilled the beans by now, but nope! :haha:

I have a 3 year old and 19month old. The little one won't understand but will probably tell the eldest after 20 weeks so we can tell him he is having a brother or sister and we will know everything is ok by then.
He wants a sister!! Eeek

My 12 week scan is 2 weeks before my son's 7th birthday so we are going to tell my parents and in laws the night before and prepare a big box for his birthday with pink and blue balloons with the scan picture and a big brother picture (amongst birthday presents)

We are waiting till after the 20 week scan. Our children are 8.5, almost 7 and 15 months. Our reasons for waiting is I want to know everything is ok. And if something goes wrong before I don't want to burden our children with it. Also 9 months is long enough for us let alone for children. I've had friends tell their children straight away and then mc and they still take about the baby dying. It's really sad :-( I think you'll know when the time is right and every family will choose differently x

I have a 9 and 8 year old and we told them when we found out only because my oldest seen the test and asked. They also knew we had lost several babies since I had my 8 year old so they did good about keeping quite until we announced it at 12 weeks.

I have 5 boys and 1 girl. I told them straight away but my daughter is now desperate for a sister lol. Do you have 2 boys or one of each?

My oldest is a boy and my youngest is a girl. I'm not even sure if they have a preference of wanting a brother or sister. They just want a baby!

We just told our 7 and 10 year old yesterday. I'm currently almost 12 weeks and I've had 3 scans so far. They're both excited although I'm sure the youngest one will have an adjustment period. My 10 year old asked, "did you have to do something to put the baby in there?" Lol

I'm afraid mine will ask similar questions, lol! I'm not ready to answer that!

My 12 week scan is 2 weeks before my son's 7th birthday so we are going to tell my parents and in laws the night before and prepare a big box for his birthday with pink and blue balloons with the scan picture and a big brother picture (amongst birthday presents)

That's a cool idea! I bet he will be thrilled!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->