When are you thinking of starting Maternity Leave?

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I was thinking of going back for the week after Christmas and that will give me 4 weeks till Flump is due. Both my previous babies were a week early so I don't want to leave it too late, but my DH says why don't I finish at Christmas but then I'm sure I would be bored!

I'm finishing on 26th November and using a few days hol so offically it will start on 3 December and Flump is due on 28th December

I'm due on 13th January but our holiday entitlement starts in October so I will be taking the whole of December as holiday and starting my maternity leave the beginning of January. That means only 3 more months of work yippee!

Ive got 2 weeks of Holiday left so going to finnish at the end of Jan, have 2 weeks on leave and then my maternity leave will start middle of feb.

Only 5 more months left of work!! :happydance:

I'm taking mine early I have kidney problems which means I'll probably get a lot of discomfort the bigger I get...so to save phoning in sick I am taking mine from the 15th of November...but have 2 weeks holiday before hand so leave on the 1st November :D
only 8 more weeks of work left :happydance:

I have 14 days hol to take before end of Dec and am struggling to get them in as I had 6 weeks off sick and only work 4 days a week, 5 hours a day as it is and I get so bored at home!

im leaving when I finish for Christmas all being well! I should be about 35 weeks then.
Im not getting maternity pay as I havent been in the job long enough! :(

not that im bothered as I knew this job was just giving me some money until I have the baby! just happy someone wanted to take me on knowing I was pregnant :D

I finish work the first week of october and am due december 4th i have lots of annual leave to take so dont start my mat leave until nov 22nd wohhooo only 4 weeks left to work :)

I'm being a bit risky....

I'm due on 1st January and am planning on finishing work on the 18th December which is exactly 2 weeks before my due date!!!

Good thing is...work have said they'll be flexible and if I want to finish earlier they will let me (without the 28 days notice!)

I am due 24th December so going to finish 10th December, got holiday to take so maternity leave starts 11th January. I think if I finsihed any earlier I would get bored at home also I love my job and I am going to miss the guys here :cry:

Can you start your maternity leave after you have had the baby? I thought that you had to go before, excluding holidays? I know its illegal in the UK to work within 2 weeks of giving birth. Employers can get a huge fine.

I am starting my maternity leave at 38 weeks on 27th November. The baby is due on 12th December. This of course edges on me not having any problems during my pregnancy, so far so good.

im stopping at november 27th
baby isn't due until january 10th.
i just want plenty of time to myself before she gets here :) x

I am self employed and work from home so considering 'work' for me is sitting on the sofa on my laptop I will be working until the babies come. I am REALLY lucky I know xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vicky you are lucky! :D but being self employed im guessing any day you miss is a loss so the more you work the better :) x

I official go on maternity leave on 1st Dec buut have loads of holidays to take so will be finishing on 16th Nov or maybe even 9th :happydance:

I'm being a bit risky....

I'm due on 1st January and am planning on finishing work on the 18th December which is exactly 2 weeks before my due date!!!

Good thing is...work have said they'll be flexible and if I want to finish earlier they will let me (without the 28 days notice!)

I'm doing the same - I gave my last day as December 18th and I'm due January 1. I told them that if all goes well I'll be at work until the end...but I had my DD at 36wks and was told that chances are this one will be early as well..so we'll see!! I'm lucky that they are very flexible at work and said that it was no problem if I had to go off work earlier then expected.

I am due on 20th Jan and thinking of of starting maternity leave after Xmas.

Probably when I go into labor. I don't want to use my sick days until I have to. The later I start the longer I can stay home with the baby before going back to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->