When baby drops do you feel anything?

SarahSausage

Mummy of 3
Reaction score
I mean at the actual moment that he/she drops? Or do you just notice that they're lower down after it happens?

I diddnt notice until other people pointed it out, so I had to get two pics out to compare lol
I'm fully engaged aswell and the only thing in feel is the need to pee alot :haha:

No.. you're baby usually doesn't just drop, it takes them a while to move down.

My baby was deeply engaged at 36 weeks, and I didn't feel any different, still had heartburn, still kicks and butt in my ribs.
Now at my 40 week appointment she has gone to -1 :dohh:

mine is fully engaged and i thought i struggled before, but i really do now and stuggle to get myself moving, half the time he's bouncing around on my cervix, bowels etc...all very odd feelings... im glad he knows the exit route though!

I felt literally like something was pulling my bump down and getting more frequent braxton hicks low low down right on my bikini line. Then people told me I was dropping, so I took a pic to compare with the week before. Also the hard lump which was the baby's bum felt closer to my belly button when standing whereas before it was higher up.

Still didn't believe it until the midwife told me on Thurs that the baby's head is completely engaged now!!! I am still getting heartburn though which is pants, but my bras aren't hurting as much!

I didn't really notice that much, even looking my bump didn't seem dramatically different, at 38 weeks I was 2/5 engaged then at 40 weeks I was fully engaged. I can feel baby's bum being lower but I didn't really notice it I don't even feel a great deal of pressure in my cervix xx

I did not notice the moment he dropped but afterwards I needed to pee all the time, had pain behind pubic bone, harder to walk and waddled more and bump looked more tear drop shape.

Also as i got measured for nursing bras my rib cage had gone from 40inches to 36inches.

I was wondering about this too (if you can tell when drop happens and if it's all at once), so thanks everyone for your responses!

i felt a lot of pressure in my vagina and bum sort of..i can't explain. but i remember feeling like she was going to fall out. i have a lot less rib pain now, and my stomach looks a lot lower.

With all 3 of my pregnancies, I honestly never noticed lightening. I never noticed a sudden drop, or even a gradual one that women talk about.

I noticed he dropped but didn't "feel it." Well, these past couple of days I have had the worst back pain, and I think it has something to do with him dropping and hanging out on my right side. It's only my right lower back that hurts and he's always hanging out on the right side.. coincedence? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->