when can you feel baby and know what your prodding??

jojolou1981

Mother to Chloe Leigh
Reaction score
i dont mean just kicks and pokes i mean when can you actually feel something there like a head, or a foot? when you poke your belly my mum said that she used to be able to grab my foot and move it around, i know this must be in 3rd trimester but is it right at the end? :shrug:

i think my girly is facing backwards because what i always feel is a head/back or bum... last night i could kind of feel how long her back was as i could feel the top & bottom of her.. but i never feel anything small enough to be a foot.. think thats why her movements are odd.. as i dont get kicks as such.. just ripples and rolls..

so i guess ive been able to feel this the last week - 2weeks so from 24-25 weeks :)

i think my girly is facing backwards because what i always feel is a head/back or bum... last night i could kind of feel how long her back was as i could feel the top & bottom of her.. but i never feel anything small enough to be a foot.. think thats why her movements are odd.. as i dont get kicks as such.. just ripples and rolls..

so i guess ive been able to feel this the last week - 2weeks so from 24-25 weeks :)

oooooooh exciting not too far away then :happydance:

With my first I couldnt feel body part with my hand until about 32 weeks.

I can feel his back.... but that's about it!

I was asking the mw at the hospital about it and she said it was early days, because he's still small - only about 35 cm now - but i'd be able to start to tell soon.

I've felt which part is his head once. That was because it was glaringly obvious. The other end was kicking me and this end was in a little circle

I cant tell which bits are sticking out - but I am only 16wks.

Thinking back to my first pregnancy I had a tiny bump, all baby, and dont think I could ever tell which body part was sticking out either!:flower:

Ill be 27 weeks tomorrow and still cant figure it out. Sometimes a part of my belly will stick out and be rounded so thats either his head or his bum. Or possibly he is just balled up there! Who knows! Ive heard its after 30 weeks

I have never heard of anybody being able to grab a foot and move it around! My tummy was far too hard and stiff for me to be able to actually grab hold of anything. I never could make out certain body parts, but could tell when it was a sharp elbow or knee. Not sure why, I am thin so I do feel very hard kicks and pain sometimes, but not distinguishable parts

You cant really see individual body parts, its just lump lol. I knew amelie was laying in a C shape so could guess what part was sticking out (usually her bum) but thats about it.

eta - not calling you rmum a liar but i doubt anyone could grab a body part. The skin is way too tight and the limb is surrounded by water anyway :shrug:

You cant really see individual body parts, its just lump lol. I knew amelie was laying in a C shape so could guess what part was sticking out (usually her bum) but thats about it.

eta - not calling you rmum a liar but i doubt anyone could grab a body part. The skin is way too tight and the limb is surrounded by water anyway :shrug:

yeah my mum said she moved my foot down before it went under her rib, she prob wasnt able to grab it exactly but push it down or somethin hey?? and my friend karen used to see a foot sticking out of her belly at times to but this must have been very late on to then, everybody carries differently and are all different shapes and sizes so could be possible x

How can you tell its back, bum and head at this stage? All I can feel is my uterus! Yer i get kicks etc but I couldn't say what body part it was!

When I was pregnant with my son though I did used to feel a foot shape when I was in the bath but I was a lot further gone then than I am now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->