When can you find out gender?

Braven05

Mommy to Avery <3
Reaction score
I know most people find out gender around 20 weeks...but is that because most people go in for a 12 week scan and then don't see the doctor again until 20 weeks? My next appointment is February 24th and I will be 14 + 4 at that point...wondering if there is any chance I can find out gender then or will it be another 4-5 weeks? I'm so anxious to know! And to start buying stuff!!!

16 weeks I think is the earliest they reliably tell you, depends on who you see though.

its not realy accurate till 18 -20 weeks, this is the best time for them to see which gender. If they tell u at 14 weeks there is a very high chance that it could be wrong as both sexes still look similar at that stage x

I remember the feeling well, the time will come before u know it....enjoy hun x

I don't know why everybody says it can't be accurate until 16 weeks. I have 3 friends(4 pregnancies total) they all had 3D scans at 13 weeks and had been told accurate genders. I'll be going to have a 3D scan at the same place at 14+5.

The only person I know who has been told an inaccurate gender, was told at 21 weeks! They had a scan a few weeks before she delivered because something was going on, she kept saying "him" and "he" and they said it's a girl.

Go figure.

It all depends on the skill of the sonographer and the baby's cooperation. The longer you wait, the more accurate though. The 2D scans are NOT as accurate as 3D scans either. Ask your sonographer, they might be able to give a good guess. Just don't buy anything you can't return if your sonographer isn't sure.

i agree with abc, i think it depends on the scan though, idk if a regular one could pick it up accuratly that early, but i think the 3d ones can =) good luck, i also have a scan at almost 14 weeks and am hoping they have a clue, its a high risk one, so it may be 3d, idk!

I'm 9+2 and I have my ultrasound for gender on April 6th. Feels like FOREVER away!! I'd rather it be accurate though. I read in my little booklet that they gave me at my first appointment that they won't do a 3D scan without a specific reason. Not sure why that is.

Every place is different though!! Check with your ob/gyn to see if you can get a 3D one then :)

16 weeks, even all the private and 3d scans iv seen wont do a sexing scan before 16 weeks because it isnt as accurate before (if they can even tell)

I REALLY wanna know what we're having but can't afford a private gender scan at the mo so I have to wait til 28/02/11 to find out at the 20wk scan :-( I'm not allowed to buy ONE thing until we know lol xx

lol awww thats hardly fair...I will start buying some stuff after I get into second tri...but it will all be gender neutral...I just don't wanna stock up too much on GN stuff...not that I'm that big a fan of pink anyways...

Ive just booked a private scan for in a few weeks when I will be 16+1 I'm hoping they can find out the gender, but if they don't I dont mind too much at least I still get to see my baby again :happydance:
I'm convinced its a boy! :thumbup:

Ive just booked a private scan for in a few weeks when I will be 16+1 I'm hoping they can find out the gender, but if they don't I dont mind too much at least I still get to see my baby again :happydance:
I'm convinced its a boy! :thumbup:

OH is convinced its a girl because he already has two girls. I don't care either way...but I'm leaning towards girl now...I bet it shocks both of us and turns out to be a boy!

Everybody around me wants a girl. I come from a large family where I am the only girl. What would I do with one? I know my OH is going to be disappointed, but I'm kind of expecting a boy.

Everybody around me wants a girl. I come from a large family where I am the only girl. What would I do with one? I know my OH is going to be disappointed, but I'm kind of expecting a boy.

Haha well OH doesn't want a boy (weird, I know) because he's already got two girls and says he won't know what to do with a boy. I'm the youngest of three and the only girl and I was pretty tom boyish growing up. I dunno what I'll do with a girl, I don't wear makeup and I'm not very "girly"....guess maybe OH's daughters can be my practice. :haha:

Haha well OH doesn't want a boy (weird, I know) because he's already got two girls and says he won't know what to do with a boy. I'm the youngest of three and the only girl and I was pretty tom boyish growing up. I dunno what I'll do with a girl, I don't wear makeup and I'm not very "girly"....guess maybe OH's daughters can be my practice. :haha:

Haha it's a good start. But I'm sure if you have a boy, he'll be psyched. Boys are very fun for Dads.

We'll just keep our fingers crossed... girls for both of us... for our family's sake lol.

Haha it's a good start. But I'm sure if you have a boy, he'll be psyched. Boys are very fun for Dads.

We'll just keep our fingers crossed... girls for both of us... for our family's sake lol.

lol well OH is a bit of a nerdy type...so he's worried about teaching the boy how to play sports and be manly...as he's not very manly himself lol

LOL... you crack me up Braven! I'm hoping for a girl myself, but I'm trying to convince myself its a boy. Not that I'll be disappointed persay if its a boy as long as my baby is healthy, but I REALLY want a girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->