When did everyone start to relax?- or is that a stupid question haha!

LavaPanda

Reaction score
15908935_1779674832250097_1228402204_o.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi everyone!!

So I've been getting BFP's for a few days now and I can even see they're getting darker. But after a chemical 6 months ago (and not tried since) I can't bring myself to be excited or to get attached! I've been testing every day since and driving myself insane. (I'll be 5w+1 today going off the first day of my last period)
I've made a deal with myself that I will do one ClearBlue Digi tomorrow and then I'm quitting the addiction. . . and also I'm very very poor now haha!

When did everyone chill out with their previous or current pregnancies? With my last pregnancy, I was 18, unplanned and I guess I had the cockiness of youth because I never felt like I do now! I just saw the test and assumed that was it until she was born haha. Oh how I wish I could feel like that again. . . :haha:

Well with my miscarriage happening at 7 weeks i tend to relax a little after that day then alot more after my first ultrasound and being able to see the heartbeat

I relaxed after my betas came in as doubling. I really relaxed when I saw the heartbeat and my doc said a healthy hb drops the MC rate to 5%. Congrats!

I'm noticeably more relaxed now cuz I got a doppler a few days ago, so I've been able to hear the nice, strong heartbeat whenever I want. I have IPS scan tomorrow though, so I'll be getting nervous again, waiting for the results. And I won't be completely relaxed until I'm holding a live, healthy baby in my arms this summer.

Lol I might relax in 2nd tri. :dohh: I'll let you know. ;)

In all fairness, since we've seen the heartbeat twice, and I can hear it on my doppler (I've heard it now for a few days), I'm better. But after a MC, and this being a IVF pregnancy, I'm still pretty tense and nervous.

I was like you, when I fell pregnanct with both my daughters I thought well this is it, I'm going to have a baby. Well it was true for dd1. It never even entere my vocabulary I don't think that anything could go wrong. I was very wrong to think that. Now after so many losses I'm a bundle of nerves. Well I have been ok-ish up until now. Once I got to 6 weeks with this one I felt a bit better as that seemed to be the cut off point with all my mc's. then last Friday had a scan and saw a heartbeat. But last night my nausea didn't seem as strong so now I'm worrying a bit, and there's nothing I can do to check anything. Even if I did another test today I'd imagine it'd still be strong as there'd be plenty of hcg in my system, even if something was going/gone wrong

I became relaxed and confident in my pregnancies at 10 weeks along with all of my pregnancies. Now, I'm 11 weeks along and excited and almost ready to announce! By 12 weeks along, I'm ready to shout it from the roof tops.

I am scared out of my MIND before 8 weeks along! Even more scared before 6 weeks along! Those are just big milestone numbers where the rates become more and more and more in your favor. My biggest fear is having to un-tell people because my mom tells everyone she meets as soon as I pee on my first stick! (Even when I was only 3+3 along with my fourth-born!) But remember that every day that goes by, your pregnancy gets stronger, and you're more likely to end up with a healthy baby. :)

I was like you, when I fell pregnanct with both my daughters I thought well this is it, I'm going to have a baby. Well it was true for dd1. It never even entere my vocabulary I don't think that anything could go wrong. I was very wrong to think that. Now after so many losses I'm a bundle of nerves. Well I have been ok-ish up until now. Once I got to 6 weeks with this one I felt a bit better as that seemed to be the cut off point with all my mc's. then last Friday had a scan and saw a heartbeat. But last night my nausea didn't seem as strong so now I'm worrying a bit, and there's nothing I can do to check anything. Even if I did another test today I'd imagine it'd still be strong as there'd be plenty of hcg in my system, even if something was going/gone wrong

Just wanted to tell you with ny son 9 weeks is when my nausea stopped i was horribly sick from 5 weeks till then and just like that is was gone i could finally eat and it never came back so it doesnt have to mean anything bad

Just wanted to tell you with ny son 9 weeks is when my nausea stopped i was horribly sick from 5 weeks till then and just like that is was gone i could finally eat and it never came back so it doesnt have to mean anything bad

Thanks for telling me that, it has made me feel a bit better. Xxx

Usually once I have an ultrasound and see the heartbeat. But I won't have one until 10 weeks this time. I'm dying!

Agh! Least I'm not the only one going loony.
Doctors were closed over the weekend but as soon as they're open tomorrow I am going to get booked in and BEG for an early scan!
And if they don't I'll just have to wave goodbye to my sanity for another 6 weeks :haha:

And I won't be completely relaxed until I'm holding a live, healthy baby in my arms this summer.

You won't relax then! I thought exactly the same and said to my mum when I was heavily pregnant "I just want him to come out so I can stop worrying, over every little change in movements etc" and she laughed in my face, she said once he's out you'll worry over every little cough, every piercing scream, every rash.
Of course, all of us as mums are happy to be pregnant just like we are happy when we've got our babies, and we relax as certain risks come to be behind us or mostly behind us, but we're worriers for life now. It actually helps me deal with my pregnancy related anxieties to see it as just a natural mum thing to do. And yep it lasts all through pregnancy and beyond!

To OP, I was the same as you with testing obsessively and realised I could have paid for a private scan with the amount I'd spent on tests. I was annoyed with myself but at the same time recognised that it was what I needed to do at the time.

Well the good news is my nausea has returned this evening :happydance::haha:

And I won't be completely relaxed until I'm holding a live, healthy baby in my arms this summer.

You won't relax then! I thought exactly the same and said to my mum when I was heavily pregnant "I just want him to come out so I can stop worrying, over every little change in movements etc" and she laughed in my face, she said once he's out you'll worry over every little cough, every piercing scream, every rash.
Of course, all of us as mums are happy to be pregnant just like we are happy when we've got our babies, and we relax as certain risks come to be behind us or mostly behind us, but we're worriers for life now. It actually helps me deal with my pregnancy related anxieties to see it as just a natural mum thing to do. And yep it lasts all through pregnancy and beyond!

Oh, believe me, I'm already worrying about that too. And, of course, SIDS most of all. My mom was (and continues to be) a worrier, and I know I'm a lot like her, but I'm also just gonna be as prepared as I can be once the baby's here and do my best to rolls with the punches.

Umpf.. I wish I knew the answer to this. I relaxed a teensy bit when I hit 6 weeks, but I'm still terrified every time I go to the bathroom. Maybe after seeing the heartbeat? Or sometime in the second tri.. who knows.

I just had my first ultrasound this week (7+5 weeks), and I finally relaxed when I got to see that little heartbeat flickering away.

9 weeks 3 days, I listen to the heartbeat every single day and im STILL not relaxed :/ Untill after that 12 week mark I just wont feel ok...Its unfortunate really.

9 weeks 3 days, I listen to the heartbeat every single day and im STILL not relaxed :/ Untill after that 12 week mark I just wont feel ok...Its unfortunate really.

I've had my doppler for a week and I use it single everyday too. So nice. : )

Well I was hoping this forum would help my anxiety lol but it looks like I'll be anxiety ridden forever. I'm about 4 weeks in and scared all the time. It is my first pregnancy so was hoping I'd calm after a week or so. Now I am wishing I wouldnt have tested so early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->