When Did I Ovulate? Input wanted!

Hickory

Reaction score
Looking for some input from ladies with more charting experience than me! Can you please take a look at my chart (link in signature) and help me determine which day I ovulated?

I used regular OPKs, a Clearblue Fertility Monitor, CM, cervix position, and BBT (skin temp while sleeping, hence it being a bit low).

I was pretty confident that I ovulated on CD16, which is consistent with my normal cycle range of 26-30 days and 13 day LP. However, after a clear temp drop on CD16 and two days of rising temps, my BBT dropped again on CD19. Ava gave me an ovulation day of CD19 and FF hasn't yet given me cross hairs.

What do you think?

I’m not sure your chart looks ovulatory yet but it might become more apparent with a few more days of temps. I think you’ll need to wait a few days and see what happens. Good luck!

I believe you need 3 higher temps to confirm ovulation so I am not seeing it yet either. Hopefully soon though!

I’m not sure your chart looks ovulatory yet but it might become more apparent with a few more days of temps. I think you’ll need to wait a few days and see what happens. Good luck!

I would have to agree with Jellybeanxx. It appears as though you may have had an LH surge based on your positive OPKS, but that doesn't guarantee that you ovulated. Your body may have tried to be didn't. Usually they say when charting to look for at least 3 consecutive temp rises in order to confirm ovulation. I would suggest that you keep :sex: in the chance that you haven't yet. I have had a few cycles where I ovulated later than I thought. Hope this helps and :dust:

Missy,

Oh I meant to add my FF chart for this cycle so you have something to compare it too. I ovulated on cycle day 16 and you can clearly see a temp raise over the next 6 days. Hope this helps

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 13
Thank you for all of the input! I wanted to bump this thread back up now that my chart has a few more temps. Fertility Friend just gave me cross hairs on CD17, but all of my other signs point to O day on CD16.

Which day would you be more inclined to believe was O day?

And the temp drop on CD19 - thoughts on that? I have a hard time believing that was O day, as there were no other signs. I did find some discussion online about a corpus luteum dip, which would make sense.

I would wanna say the CD19.
I've had that happen to me before. To me, personally, it looks like your body was trying to ovulate and then didn't. Then the negative OPK on 17 would make sense. One might have been positive the 18 or 19 if you had taken one.
Because after the CD17, you have not one but TWO temperature below the coverline. When I had that, I ovulated later. I had no symptoms either of ovulation. Minus OPKs I kept taking that showed a positive a few days later. (When I saw the temp drop, I would re-take some to be sure).

I'm pretty new to charting myself but I think CD17/18 is pretty accurate, possibly CD19 so I'd BD to cover them all.

Good luck!.

I would agree that 19 (or possibly 20) is likely and your body geared up to ovulate but didn’t before that.
Charts can show dips during the LP that are often called implantation dips but can happen in non pregnancy charts as well due to a shift in hormones. I think the dip on your chart would be too early for that.

I would wanna say the CD19.
I've had that happen to me before. To me, personally, it looks like your body was trying to ovulate and then didn't. Then the negative OPK on 17 would make sense. One might have been positive the 18 or 19 if you had taken one.
Because after the CD17, you have not one but TWO temperature below the coverline. When I had that, I ovulated later. I had no symptoms either of ovulation. Minus OPKs I kept taking that showed a positive a few days later. (When I saw the temp drop, I would re-take some to be sure).

Thanks for the info! I did continue the fertility monitor on CD18 and CD19, both readings were low, so I stopped using it. Ran out of regular OPKs after CD17, wish I hadn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if I ovulated later, as I've been battling a sinus infection and possible cold (without meds) .... but I'd be disappointed because our last BD wasn't with PreSeed and my CM was super thick and creamy.

I would agree that 19 (or possibly 20) is likely and your body geared up to ovulate but didn’t before that.
Charts can show dips during the LP that are often called implantation dips but can happen in non pregnancy charts as well due to a shift in hormones. I think the dip on your chart would be too early for that.

Yes, definitely too early for implantation dip, but was hoping corpus luteum dip?

Can ovulation occur when CM is definitely not fertile? I think that's where I'm hung up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->