When did I ovulate? So confused

cupcake.girl

Reaction score
Hi,
So this is my first month ttc and using opk's. I got nothing until cd 17. After that I got 1 day of positive, then 1 day negative followed by 3 days of positives. They were all very much positive results. So I really don't know what day to count as ovulation. Any ideas?
Thanks

Hmmm I don't think anybody will be able to tell you when you ovulated. You would have to temp as well to definitely confirm ovulation. I know personally for me I ovulated this month the day of my last positive OPK x

thanks for replying. I thought that would be the case. Might need to start temping

I agree with temping for confirming O. I am going to start that next month as just using OPKs isn't enough. Good luck!!!!

Temping is the only way of definitely knowing when you O'd but it could have been that on your first day of a +OPK your body tried to ovulate but for some reason couldn't so tried again 24-48 hours later. I've had 3 days of +opk's this month (Thurs, Fri and Sat) but I also had ewcm on the Friday so think the Thursday was the true + but I'm just having to wait and see! I didn't O until CD20 so we will see! I can't temp cause I wake too often in the night!

:flow:

the peak day is the one when the ovulation line is darker than the other which appears anyway!...so i m sure if you have kept the tests you can see the climax in the colour(it cant have the same darkness everyday!)now when it comes to the negative test or you got a bad test or you had drunk too much liquid so it couldnt show anything since the urine sample wasnt good(you must hold your pee and dont drink too much liquid for at least 4 hours)
but i would like to ask you do you have regular cycles???do you have pcos?people with pcos and irregular cycles tend to get many false positives since the ovulation tests just show the surge of the hormone which is required to make the ovulation happen NOT if it actually happened ..sometimes we may not ovulate and still get our period...(the egg doesnt break so it just starts the phase the second phase of our cycle without ovulation...until the arrival of AF)
doctors say that its actually normal for the ovulation not to happen for some cycles in every woman's life even to the ones that have regular cycles(since stress can effect the ovulation-in fact the hormones that are required to make it happen, weight issues, bad eggs etc)
in my opinion all you see in nature is the survival of the strongest so i'm sure that happens with our eggs as well!its just the nature doing its work and that might actually saves many women from pregnancies that would turn into miscarriages :winkwink:
anyway, the ovulation if it truly took place can only be confirmed via blood test, u/s and temping chart.

I am pretty sure I don't have pcos. Periods are reasonably regular and only have a small amount of pain on first day of af. I think I will just ignore this month and try temping next month. Not sure how well that will go though. I always wake at least once early in the morning.

I am pretty sure I don't have pcos. Periods are reasonably regular and only have a small amount of pain on first day of af. I think I will just ignore this month and try temping next month. Not sure how well that will go though. I always wake at least once early in the morning.

you have to have a full 6 hour sleep no insomnia and you must temp everyday around the same time not 6 oclock in the weekdays and 12 at weekends!the results then wont be valid!
its so frustrating for me to temp and to analyse the chart i have moved on to watch my ovulation via ultrasound with my doctor...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->