When did it hit you?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
I'm 4+1 today with my second pregnancy after a chemical pregnancy in April.

I found out a week ago, and I still haven't told anyone as been wanting to see if this is a sticky bean first.

I'm finding it hard processing the fact I am pregnant despite multiple strong positive tests (which i never got with the chemical)

I'm not picturing a baby being in our lives at the end of March, its just all a little surreal! Anyone else felt like this?

I still do! I can't let myself think too far ahead because I still feel like it can all be taken away so quickly. Plus I have very few symptoms other than being tired all of the time. Had my first scan last week and there was definitely a baby and a strong heart beat. Measuring perfectly with my due date. That made it more real, but I guess my nerves just won't let it be 100% real. I just still can't believe something so amazing is finally happening for my hubby and I after over 2 years of trying. I just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop if you know what I mean. :dohh:

I lost most of the "symptoms" I experienced before and during my BFP test. I don't feel pregnant aside from being very bloated and not being able to have a glass of wine with my dinner, haha.

I have my first appointment tomorrow to make it feel more "real".

i am really struggling with feelings of detachment. I was a lot more excited before my 2nd beta results which were normal but the RE found it to be concerning. My 3rd was perfectly fine but I have a 4th friday that I am worried about.
I am not someone that good things happen to, especially with a near constant run of bad luck for DH and I the past year or so. I guess I'm afraid that if I get too happy about finally being pregnant that it is going to be taken from me. I think that being able to see a healthy bean on my first u/s next week will help me feel a bit more excited

I don't think it will hit me until I have my first scan and appointment which I'm having difficulty getting because of insurance giving me a hard time. :(

I absolutely know how you are feeling! I miscarried my first pg in December and conceived this one right after (no post mc AF) yet I refused to believe that it would result in an actual baby. DH and I always talked about it as the possibility of a baby as opposed to an actual expected LO for the whole first tri. We did not tell anyone until I had my successful scan at 12 weeks because we made the mistake of telling everyone the first time around right away and had to share the bad news afterwards.

To be honest this pregnancy did not seem real to me until I started to feel movements regularly. I had a scan at 7 weeks and saw the hb but in no way felt that I was safe, I still considered it a "possible" pregnancy. Had another scan at 12 weeks and saw that all was good but still felt uneasy talking about it and telling people. Even when I went into the 20 week scan I wasn't confident that he was really there and healthy even though I had been feeling him kick for a few weeks.

I think that hitting the 24 week mark (viability) helped a lot. Once I got to that point I began to really believe that I would take home a baby in a few months. Now at 30 weeks I can feel him constantly and there is no denying that he is in there and alive! So for me, it didn't "hit me" that I would get a take home baby until at least 24 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->