when did u all start buying things for baby

babybooties

mammy to 2 little boys
Reaction score
Hi all well alls i have got up to now is a few baby clothes not sure when to really start buying everything else

and when i do when is the right time to prepare it all for arrival

Whenever u are ready this time ive got most things after 24 wks for no reason other then space ....with my last one i had everything by 20 wks

would u say waiting till im 35weeks to buy it all and put it all up like cots prams bottles steralisers bedding was tooo close some people are saying i need to get a move on cos this is my 2nd and could come any time after 37weeks but im convinced il be late so was thinking of doing a last minute shop

i got my pram at 13w because it was such a good deal, we have bought stuff each month though so it doesn't seem quite so expensive. have you chosen what you want pram and cot-wise? i don't have the energy to wander around shops now and i'm very glad everything is bought except the reusable nappies. xx

also, love the name you've chosen...thats what our little boy is going to be called too :D x

As soon as I found out we were having a boy at he 20 week scan. We got most of the big thingd, cot, pram, etc... at around 30 weeks.

i started getting stuff about 4 weeks ago, but i got bought some stuff when i got married at 20 weeks. i started then because of my spd and i wanted to be able to enjoy shopping

I wanted to be able to help set things up etc so we got everything when i was 28 weeks and i still struggled to help and DH ended up doing most of it lol except when DH woke up one Sunday to find me rollering the nursery.. call it nesting lol.. I'd say if your getting a nursery ready do it before 28 weeks as i ended up laying on our bed for 2 or 3 hours as my bump was aching SO much!!! As for all the wee bits ive still not got everything, no sheets etc xxx (29+4)

I finally finished getting everything last week and Im so pleased I didn't wait any longer as shopping was so tiring and I ached so much, doing it later would have finished me off. We painted the nursery at 21 weeks and got the furniture in and up a week later. We started shopping at 8 weeks but that was because we saved £300 on his pram and pushchair, we just got bits here and there and then split the remainder into two big shopping sprees. Its totally up to you when you start though hun, take care :hugs: XX

I did most of our shopping online from 20 weeks because I've been trying to spread it over the pay days, if you see what I mean. We still haven't got the cotbed as it's out of stock and the longest we're willing to leave that is 35 weeks. I personally would hate to leave everything til 35 weeks as even now I can't stand shopping which is why I've done it all online!

A lot of people tell you not to buy things too soon for superstitious reasons, but I bought my crib, changing table, dresser and travel system in my second month as I was too excited not to. After that, I sort of left it up to family and friends. I think you're fine to buy whatever you think your baby will need at any stage in your pregnancy.

I started buying tiny lil outfits as soon as I found out we were having a boy at 20 wk scan. The pram and cot were also bought after 20 weeks, I'm glad I started then as shopping for me has been hellish since about 30 weeks xx

I started buying stuff at about 18 weeks, Just clothes, Got all the big stuff at about 32 weeks

I started buying little clothing items around 20 weeks after our scan, and found out it was a boy.

Some girls wait for superstitious reasons, but I don't believe in any of that.

We're having our shower in 2 weeks, so I'll be 32 weeks, and we're HOPING that people have bought some of the larger items that were on the registry!! If not, we'll have to buy those on our own.

Personally, I think waiting until 35 weeks is a little late.... kinda close to being due, and JUST incase anything happens, I would want to be prepared. Also, putting things together, or going out shopping might be hard on you, I'm already finding it hard to move around some days!! Eeeek!!

xx

We bought pushchair at 13 weeks just as it was a really good deal!!:happydance::happydance:

But we still got a few little bits and bobs that we need..like monitor..play gym etc...:baby:

We going to be moving back home on Wednesday/Thursday, We've not been ther for over a month!!!
So bedroom/nursery will be complete by the weekend!!! I'm so excited!!! :cloud9::cloud9:
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

i started buying bits and pieces while we were still ttc :rofl: but i had everything brought and ready by 33weeks-including the cribs up and ready!! all i am doing now is waiting!!

i brought a few things at 12 weeks - a couple of cute babysuits but i brought most of mine at about 28-32 weeks and now i have my hip grant im waiting for baby to appear so i can buy colour clothes as i just have a few newborn and 0-3 bits to last a few weeks as I know everyone will buy for me and I can buy girl/boy bits..
Dont get carried away on clothes is my advice, thats what most people tend to buy you!

I'm trying to shop online ATM... As I have nothing bought yet.

And I've NO IDEA what I need to buy. I think I should make a list from some sites and threads abt it.

im 30 weeks this friday and i still havent got a thing yet... for me its not time too.
but this is because of my past pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"