When did u feel ur baby's movements for the first time??

withlovemom

Reaction score
Hi,
I am 14 weeks 1 day.. so new to the 2nd trimester..
Just wanted to know how far along were u when u felt ur baby's first movement?? and how does it feel like?? I can't wait to feel it myself but i m told i wont feel anything till 18-20 weeks??
Just wanted to hear every ones story.. :) :)

About that time is right...some can start to feel it sooner especially those that have more then one but even around that time...you won't feel consistent movements until you are farther along. You will start to typically feel "flutters" low down in your abdomen at first.

Hope that helps =)

I think with mine I felt them and saw kicks on the outside around 19 weeks and I have an anterior placenta :)

I felt my son at 15+6 for the first time. It was a feeling I can't explain.

With my first i was ablut 18 weeks when felt first movements :)

I wondered this too, until last Friday when I was at my desk at work and it happened!! I think she was doing an Irish jig or something close to it, now I look forward to it all the time and get nervous when I don't feel it!! So I hope that was her!! Good luck!! :)

12-13 weeks this time is when I started to recognise the "flutters" as movements but mainly because I remembered what it felt like from the first time. Proper movements, flips and thuds was nearer 15/16 weeks. Started to feel proper kicks around 19 weeks and felt them from the outside at 21 weeks.

I felt flutters at 15 weeks with both babies , but full kicks I didn't feel with my first until 18 weeks and this one until 17 weeks

I had an anterior placenta and felt flutters at 20 weeks (I swore up and down it was gas). At 21 weeks I felt full blown kicks and could feel them from the outside too.

I started feeling movement at 19 weeks and they are still not regular. I feel like this baby kicks inwards or down towards my lady bits. I haven't felt a kick on the outside yet xx

I'm glad you started this thread because I was wondering the same thing. I'm 14 weeks today with my first. I've felt something a few times but not sure whether its wind bubbles or flutters!!

I felt flutters once at 14 weeks, it was like a tiny rumble under my belly button, then nothing until 17 weeks + 5 days and I got two wee kicks :flower: They just feel like a little prod! I felt them on the outside at 23 weeks but I was chubby too!

I've been feeling the baby since 13 weeks + 5 days (this is my first) -- it feels like something is fluttering in your stomach and/or someone tickling you on the inside with a feather.
I'm 18 weeks and still haven't felt them on the outside tho.. and it's not always consistent. Some days baby moves around a lot more than others.

I felt unmistakeable movement at 15w4d, it felt like something glided up against the inside of my stomach! Felt the first kick about a week later.

This is my first. I started feeling movement about a week ago and it seems to be getting stronger every day. Best way I can describe it is a mix between a muscle spasm and gas. I feel it low by my pubic bone sometimes, but sometimes it's higher up by my belly button. It really is a cool sensation. Can't wait until DH can feel it too. :)

My first bub I started feeling flutters at around 10 weeks and kicks at 18 weeks I think.
This time I didn't really feel flutters and I think the kicks started around 17 weeks.

I felt the baby for the first time yesterday - 17 + 1. It felt like little taps from the inside. Today I felt a few more, I guess it could be described as a fluttering, but I think of them as little taps. Same spot as yesterday so I'm pretty sure it's the baby. Pretty exciting stuff! And people are right when they say that when it finally happens, it's unmistakable. I've spent the past couple of weeks wondering if I'm feeling movement or gas (it's always turned out to be gas). But yesterday the little taps were so distinctive - I immediately knew that this was something different, not just digestion.

Well, I'm certain I was feeling flutters around 10/11 weeks, they were daily occurrences then by 14weeks I was certain about what I was feeling. I now get kicks and have seen my stomach jump a couple f times. Ths s my fifth however :/ xxx

i felt my son kick me twice yesterday for the 1st time. was magical. i was on the train on the way to my 16 week sexing scan and it actually made me get out my chair and jump out my skin as i wasnt expecting it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"