When did u feel ur baby's movements for the first time??

Preg with my first.
I felt the first flutters at 14 + 6. Other people described it sort of like popcorn popping, but very soft/light. Then I felt nothing again until 15 + 3. I get migraines a lot, so that day I was lying down, awake, most of the day. I am a side-and-stomach sleeper (you know, on side, but angled down with one leg out and the other one bent up, if that makes sense). I had my other arm underneath my body, with my hand resting on my lower abdomen right above my pubic bone and I felt a definitely (but again, soft) *poke, poke, poke* from the inside and outside at the same time (I'm thin, so I think feeling it on the outside is easier depending on that, earlier on). It was nothing like I had ever felt before, and I was pretty confident it was the baby even though I wasn't sure what it was supposed to feel like. It definitely wasn't gas, and it was low enough to make sense with where the baby would be. That being said, a trick I used to determine if it could really be baby is where did I feel it? On average, at 16 weeks, the TOP of the uterus is halfway between the belly button and pelvic bone. On avg at 20 weeks the top is at the belly button. So you can sort of gauge from there. If at 16 you feel something at the belly button, it probably wasn't the baby yet. (Of course there are exceptions, but in most cases, not).

Then again I haven't felt anything until 15 + 6 (lying down, feeling pokes). And nothing since.

Hopefully that helps! I think I was just lucky in feeling my baby because I was lying around ALL day and was really focused on it. Many sites say you COULD feel your baby's movements pretty early, but usually we're busy and not paying attention. I was being very attentive when I felt mine!

Thanx a lott ladies for sharing ur experiences..
I cant wait to feel the same myself :) :)

I am 14 weeks 3 days 2day..
I m not sure if i have felt the baby..i sometimes feel little painful sensation on the left side of my belly button..it is almost on the same spot always..but i m not sure if it is d baby.. i guess i have to wait a little longer..

I felt flutters from 16 weeks and kicks from 20 weeks :) still not felt them on the outside yet xx

Congrats on your pregnancy withlovemom and other mums-to-be! To withlovemom: I am sure you will enjoy your li'l ones' movements when you start feeling them, not long to go I'm sure. God bless you all with a healthy n happy 9 months.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

I was 13 weeks I felt like some pushing/wiggles and as weeks went by It became flutters and popping - it became more frequent however don't be alarmed if you don't feel it for days as I was worried why i didn't feel it for ages and went to midwife and she made me listen to the heartbeat and explained its not set pattern that early :)

All exciting things though!

Felt a definite movement at 15 weeks with my first, felt a few flutters before then but wasnt sure.

I fely movements for the first time last night at 19weeks and 4 days. i did not have any flutters nothing real low down either. Plus, I have an anterior placenta so I was told maybe around 23 weeks I would feel her. I was relaxing after being in the sun and getting a sunburn. LOL I had my hnd on my belly and started to feel something then DH felt it too. We felt her for about 20 minutes by my navel then a little lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->