when did u stop Progesterone

Ellie Bean

Reaction score
My husband and I did IVF w / ICSI to get pregnant. I'm now 10 weeks 1 day pregnant and yesterday they said to give myself 1 last Progesterone in oil shot and then I'm done. I'm also tapering off of my estrogen. Anyone else have to rake Progesterone and if so when do your Dr stop it?

I didn't have it with this one, but with my last ectopic I was prescribed it and was told I would need to use it through week 12. Every situation is different though.

My husband and I did IVF w / ICSI to get pregnant. I'm now 10 weeks 1 day pregnant and yesterday they said to give myself 1 last Progesterone in oil shot and then I'm done. I'm also tapering off of my estrogen. Anyone else have to rake Progesterone and if so when do your Dr stop it?

Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm taking progesterone and estrogen too - looking forward to hearing more about when others stopped taking it. Hopefully my RE will tell me more soon.

I KNOW I am going to be nervous to stop taking both when the time comes.

Congrats!! We did IVF with ICSI as well. My RE had me stop at 9w4d and all was well...

I'm not on PIO but I take 200mg vaginally and 200mg orally every day. My doctor is having me take them until 12 weeks.

My doctor had me take Crinone until 12 weeks.
I stopped Estrace (Estrodial) 3 weeks before that.

Congrats and good luck!!!

:hug:

Hi ladies, I haven't had IVF but took progesterone (utrogestan 200mg-pessaries) due to 2 miscarriages.
At my 12 week scan my OB said to stop I felt nervous and used the last 5 pessaries every other night until I'd finished them!
I had no problems!
Good luck everyone!
:flower:

I was told at 10 weeks I could stop. Thank goodness!! That stuff was expensive and gross...so relieved to have graduated from it! Congrats to you!

Thank you. Did u ladies have a little spotting after stopping it? I'm spotting a little today. It's very light brown/pink.

Hi star luck I m not sure if ur active in this thread or not, I followed the same path as of urs and my RE found that my progestrone is low at 3dpo today so she prescribed me 200mg progesterone pills m just worries reading all the side effects please guide me and seeing ur sticker m so glad everything is going so well for u

12 weeks but they are happy to taper off over the space of a couple of weeks, so I will probably go to 14w before stopping completely. Im on 400mg 2x daily (pessaries)

Pearly, I find the side effects just the same as pregnancy, tired/bloated/grumpy, the only additional one is the windy bum I get as I use my pessaries rectally. Lovely lol :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->