when did ur lo first say mama/dada?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
my 5 month old babbles, just wondering when they normally say a word i cant remeber with my other 2 boys:dohh:

it depends on the baby. Mine said mama in context at 6.6 months and dada in context at 7 months.

Mine said mama at 11 months but not sure if she nos what it means

Lily only says HI and YAY. Lol. (Almost 9 months).

My LO said daddy clear as day from 6 months, but although he still says it I don't think he has a clue what it means!

My LO said his first word at 13 months exactly and said mum and dad in context about 2 weeks later.

DD said mama at 5 months and dada at 7 months, but not in context. She's 9 months and her first word was "bird," then "bath," then "cat," and those were in context for sure, but I'm still not sure about mama and dada.

I would say he started months ago with both, but not sure when in context. It always seemed in context to me and DH. He says them both now DEFINITELY in context.

My daughter has only just started saying daddy but its more like 'da heee' and calls me 'dah'! lol. She is under assessment for a speech delay tho so doesnt really count as the 'norm' if you like! She is 3 in december. Hoping my youngest picks up the word tho as im longing to be called mummy! :cloud9:

dada was one of his first noises and he does say it in context now. he also says dog, tractor, cat and again but he's never said mama[-(

7mths as babble, still no convinced she's said it in context even though she's said dada to dada and mama to me.

Thomas didn't say mama/dada. He said mum at 18 months.

about five and half months he said mama and dadada but I believe he has no idea what he is saying/links it to us in anyway. Just happens his mouth has started to easily form those sounds

Dada at 5 months. No mama yet altho DH thinks she may have but I can't verify and he isn't sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->