When did you call the doctor?

Pne1985

Reaction score
I found out last week that I'm pregnant. But it would have been on cycle day 25 which is super early. So I thought I would wait to call to schedule appointments. But I'm just not sure how long to wait. Last time I was pregnant, they said doing bloodwork in the beginning isn't necessary so I didn't even have to do that. When did you ladies call? The excitement is killing me!

I found out last week that I'm pregnant. But it would have been on cycle day 25 which is super early. So I thought I would wait to call to schedule appointments. But I'm just not sure how long to wait. Last time I was pregnant, they said doing bloodwork in the beginning isn't necessary so I didn't even have to do that. When did you ladies call? The excitement is killing me!

I called the day after my bfp. After I had taken all the hpt I had lol. My appointment was set
Up for a month away though. Since it was early.

I found out at 8dpo so I waited until my missed period to call. But my first appointments aren't until this week at 8 weeks (ultrasound tomorrow, exam on Friday).

I called my doc a few days after I got my BFP. She always want to confirm pregnancy by blood test and do prenatal blood work. Then she schedules appt's for me every month from then on. Congrats!!

I didn't even test until 5 days after my missed period bc we weren't trying. Than I didn't have a dr bc I moved to a new state a year ago and I'm the type to avoid Drs at all costs. :haha: so I waited a few days before calling around and finding someone and scheduling. And I still don't get to see him until August 1st. :dohh:

I called my doctor about a week after and all he did at the first appointment was a pregnancy test to confirm it. My next one was scheduled around 10 weeks.

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and still haven't contacted the doctor! Last time they told me to book in with the midwife around 8 weeks so thought there wasn't much point contacting them early especially as I have had a MC before at 6w6d. I have an early scan tomorrow to check everything is okay which I've paid privately for, providing all is okay with that I them intend in booking to see a midwife haha :) no rush with me! Xx

Don't even need tell the doctors near me. Just go direct to community midwives once got positive tests. I think I rang them with this one a few days after my BFP and got an appt for 3 weeks later so around 7-8weeks.

Thanks ladies for the input! At my obgyn, you have to meet with the nurse first to go over everything and get your pee cup which I think is silly personally especially since this is my 3rd pregnancy. So I did end up calling today and I HAVE to meet with her first, just another copay we will have to pay!! :(

Another reason why I asked is because I took a test last 2 weeks ago and it said "pregnant 2-3 weeks". And that was with diluted urine so that means my levels are high. I felt ovulation pains on cd8 so not sure if I ovulated that day or a day or 2 after. We will see at the first ultrasound which is going to seem like forever away!

oh my goodness at having to pay for something you do not need yet. In the UK you register with GP then he hands you over to MW. No pregnancy tests were done here. xx I didnt feel like I needed to go early personally.

oh my goodness at having to pay for something you do not need yet. In the UK you register with GP then he hands you over to MW. No pregnancy tests were done here. xx I didnt feel like I needed to go early personally.

I agree with you.... I don't think it's necessary yet but our whole system in the US is revolved around money and that's why we are failing as a country.

:( the Uk is not great at the moment. We all universally feel each others pain I think :( xx

Oh really? Well I'm sorry your country is in shambles also. I choose to not watch the news anymore. It's not worth the worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->