When did you "connect" with your baby?

With my oldest it was from seeing a BFP I felt connected. It was a smooth (mostly) pregnancy, labor and delivery. That love and bond was instant.

But with my youngest it was very different. I felt overwhelmed with guilt through first tri,sick and uncomfortable with SPD through second and third. Then the labor and delivery was traumatic for me. I loved my little guy, but it took 3 weeks before I was able to start really connecting with him and bond. He is 6 months old now and things are just like they were with DS1. DS2 doesnt have any ill effects from taking longer to bond.

Breathe Momma! That bond will come in time but be forgiving to yourself in the meantime. There is nothing easy about pregnancy, labor/delivery or parenthood. Even asking the question shows youre on the right path and will get there in the end <3

I'm currently 7 weeks and known a few weeks, I also thought I would be instantly in love too but I've lost all symptoms now too so half the time I forget I'm even pregnant I even had an emergency scan last week and told me to I need rescanned in 9 days(so today) and today I heard/see the heartbeat but I still feel no different but tbh I've been trying for 7 years so maybe I'm still in disbelief a little, I hope it comes soon though

Straight away with me this time but it's taken a long time for me to get here. With my daughter Erin literally when she was 6 months old she was a surprise baby and I had horrendous PND my one regret I don't remember much of her early years

Somewhere around their first birthdays :haha: It took me a long time to admit that but pregnancy, labor and post partum were pure hell for me and I didn't really feel that "omg I love you more than breath" until they were well out of the floppy potato stage. Now they're my absolute life and I can't stand to be away from them but it took time. No shame in that. You could get there at your anatomy scan, or at birth, or a few weeks after, or a few months. Either way you'll get there because you're a good mama and you love your baby. <3

This is a great thread - thank you for starting it! With my first I felt connected around 5 weeks. We had been trying for two years and right when I found out I was pregnant I was leaving for a long business trip, so my OB/GYN did a scan and showed me the sac. And because I had had a cone biopsy done in my teenage years they were worried about a short cervix, so they did every-other-week scans until I was 24 weeks, so I got to see babe often - which helped me feel connected to her. I found out I was pregnant again after another year of trying last week... and I don't feel anything. My husband said last night that it seems like it hasn't sunk in for me - and it hasn't. I don't feel pregnant - I just feel sick. This time around they don't want to see me until 10 weeks, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to feel anything until I see that scan and a heartbeat. It's so strange.

Definitely didn't feel connected until after she was born, and I had a fairly easy pregnancy 1st time. I'm guessing it will be the same this time, as I'm feeling similarly so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->