When did you first contact a midwife?

BethK

Reaction score
I'm 9 weeks today. I have another scan on Tuesday and if that one is ok and has shown good growth then I'll contact my doctors office and ask for a midwife booking in appointment.

I'll be 9w4d, would that be considered too late to get a 12 week scan in?

How fast is it from calling docs to actually getting the booking in appointment and then getting the scan?

With my last pregnancy I didn't book in till 11 weeks and ended up having a scan at 14 weeks. Just in time for the tests. I called the midwife yesterday and have my booking in app next week so hopefully have my 12 week scan around 12 weeks. Could you ring doctors now and book app for just after scan? X

I would but last time I had a MMC and I hated having to call up and cancel things so this time I've decided not to book anything.

I guess if I don't get in around 12 weeks I can always have a private one then.

I just don't want the midwife talking as if we're definitely going to be having a baby and making plans and giving me the books etc if it then all goes wrong :(

I'm in the same situation. I much prefer dealing with the epu! I'm 10+2 and still nothing organised ...

Are you going back to the EPU Loeylo?

Our EPU has been amazing (well all apart from one sonographer).

I can't wait to contact a midwife and will do so as soon as I get the all clear from the EPU on Tuesday. Hopefully they can fit me in for my 12 week one.

With my first two I booked in about 9 weeks and got scan at 12 weeks, this one booked in at 11 weeks and got scan at 13 weeks

I think it depends on how busy they are in your region, and how easy it is to get into a midwife. I had my booking apt at 6+3 and the midwife said they were doing them early as they were so busy, to ensure women got their scans in the right time frame.

That said, I'm sure they must have some additional spaces though as some women don't find out they're pregnant until later on x

I just found out I am expecting a few days ago. I called a midwife right away. I do not plan to see an OB/GYN at all. My appt and first scan isn't until April 14th. So I will be about 7-7 1/2 weeks. Seems so far away...

With Isabelle I had my booking in appointment at around 7 weeks and had letter for my first scan for the following week by week 11.

This time round considering I had GD last time and became seriously ill with it, along with Depression in pregnancy and then severe PND after.... I'm yet to have my midwife appointment...mi only found out last week I wasn't even on their system! I had to chase a 12 week scan which I had last night, I've had no blood work and have no midwife appointment let alone booking in appointment till early April! To say I'm pissed is an understatement :(

I'll be gone 16 weeks and should be in the process of GD checks because of last time, but they can't fit me in :(

I have my doctors appointment Tuesday, i'll be almost 7 weeks, then will book midwife as I leave the doctors, hopefully, that's how I've done it in previous pregnancies but I was in a different area then, hoping they do it the same way here which would be perfect as the week I am 8 weeks hubby has off anyway.

I'll be 8+5 on Monday when I see my midwife for booking in appointment although I had a scan at 7weeks for bleeding. She didn't contact me until last week and did say they were really busy so hoping I get my 12week Scan in time.
I left it later because we had a MC last July and when I was bleeding this time round I didn't want to temp fate.xx

I saw my gp at just gone seven weeks, only because I had a bad scan of it would of been earlier as here it's not a given that you say I want to go to x hospital and they will have space, I really didn't want my local hospital so needed to do it early. I get how hard it is though hun :hugs:

My community midwife is actually a friend of mine so I contacted her straight away. I am booked in to see her at 7 weeks. Only her, my husband and a close friend of mine know that I'm pregnant. Would love to shout it from the rooftops but still early days :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"