When did you get your first beta's done?

Dini

Reaction score
When did you all get your first beta? And when was your first Dr. Appt?

This my first pregnancy, and I just found out yesterday, we have been trying for 4 years, with 2 failed IUI's and several failed rounds of drugs. This was a natural BFP and since we have been trying so long I was hoping my doc would get me in now for a beta then my first prenatal appt in a few weeks but they just made my first appt on August 26th. I asked about early blood work and they said no, that they would do it then.

So I'm just wondering if that is normal or should I ask my family doctor to order bloodwork for me? I know he will, but I don't know if my insurance will cover it now and again in a few weeks.

I was 16 dpo for my first round of blood work and u/s of course that early nothing was seen but Ive had previous complications with pregnancy so I know thats why they did the u/s so early... Hopefully the 26th is here soon... I have another appt on the 22nd I'll be 11+2 so Im with you nail bitting... Although Ive seen lil bean already heart flickering away!!! Goodluck hun!

I had to ask for the quantitative test to be done, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. I then had to ask them to repeat it so that I could see the doubling times. My first appointment is next week.

with my first two I didn't get it done 'til just after 7 weeks. With this one I had my beta at 15 dpo, but that was due to my previous loss.

Thanks everyone! I talked with a nurse at my reproductive endocrinologists office today and she recommended a beta and progesterone level. They would usually manage the pregnancy through week 12 but I work for a competitor hospital network and my insurance won't cover anything there (nice huh?) so I talked my family doctors office into ordering them and I had both drawn this afternoon, should hopefully have results tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Then nurse at the RE's office thought it odd that they wouldn't order my blood work early but I haven't seen my OB in 2 years so I suppose they don't know about what all we went through and my previous progesterone levels.

I'm hopeful that it is all good, but if not I'll call my OB.

Thanks for answering me ladies! And congrats to all of you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->