When did you have your first scan?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by sweetm, Jun 3, 2011.

1. sweetm

sweetm Pregnant with my first

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm not really well-read when it comes to this pregnancy stuff. I'm not sure how far along I am cuz I have an irregular cycle. The doc thinks I'm somewhere between 4-6 weeks. When can I expect to have my first scan?

2. Goonergirl

Goonergirl Well-Known Member

if you concieve naturally you should expect to have your first scan at somewhere around 12 weeks.. i'm having my first scan at 7 weeks but thats because ive concieved through fertility treatment..
    congratulations on your BFP and i hope you have a H&H 9 months xxx

3. BrittneyMom

BrittneyMom Happy Mom of 2

If you live in the usa they do your first scan at about 8 weeks and another around 20. If you have a normal pregnancy.

4. Katie.2011

Katie.2011 Mummy to baby bean

Im in the uk and didnt no how far along I was.. so the midwife went from date of last period and that made me 13 weeks so they got me in for a scan, had the scan turns out I was only 9 weeks at the time of scan saw hb etc but was tiny, and so got another app to go bk when im 13 weeks. Hope this helps.

5. LuckyInLove09

LuckyInLove09 Expecting our little girl

I live in the US. I got my first scan at 8 weeks, my 2nd at 12 weeks for Nuchal Translucency screening, and my third will be at 20 weeks when we find out the gender! It all depends on your location and doctor/midwife. Congratulations on your pregnancy! :)