When did you ovulate?

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hello ladies :)

I am most likely going to start ttc in January, so have stopped taking my birth control pill this month. My question is for those who have been on the bcp, when did you first ovulate after you stopped?

I haven't had an actual period (only withdrawal bleeds) since before I was pregnant with my son almost 7 years ago, so I don't really know what to expect from my period. Before my pregnancy with my son my period was always regular, I'm pretty sure my cycles were about 28-30 days. I have been on the implanon, the pill, and a combination of both together for the past 6 years! Up until this month I was on just the pill since Jan this year.

I am so worried I have messed myself up with all of the hormones! :shrug: My doctor said it was safe, but it still seems like a lot. The up side is that women in my family are very fertile, and I got pregnant with my son easily.

So this month I stopped my birth control pill also! And I feel so much better! But now I have absolutely no idea when I will ovulate or get my period :wacko: I am waiting on some opk tests to arrive in the mail, and I have been trying to monitor my CM, but I am so confused by it.. I definitely haven't had any EWCM yet. My last pill was taken on 16th Oct, and had my usual withdrawal bleed from the 19th-22nd.

Ugh, I know it's a waiting game and only early days yet, and it won't necessarily go back to normal for a while, but I need some hope!

So yes, sorry this is a long post.. I'll ask my question again! lol When did you ovulate after stopping the pill? I would love any info from other women's experiences!

Hi mumma

I took my last pill of my packet on 1st june, had my withdrawal bleed 3 dsys later & then roughly 10ish days later i ovulated & then 'proper period' arrived 1st july, my periods usually were a lil scattered a few yrs ago but since having my son in 2012 its like they been jump started to kind of regular cycles :)

Hello Claireybell :hi:

Thanks for responding. That's so good to hear! :) How did you know you ovulated? I am going to start temping tomorrow, and count day 1 of my withdrawal bleed as cycle day 1.. I know it's not technically correct, but checking CM is confusing me and not sure what "type" I have right now, if that makes sense lol. I've never tracked it before. After my withdrawal bleed I had quite stretchy yellowish cm, then dry, and now it's white and like lotion and not stretchy at all. I don't know where I'm at or if I've ovulated! :shrug: It's frustrating!

I ovulated the cycle I quit bc but I didn't ov until cycle day 40+

Hello Claireybell :hi:

Thanks for responding. That's so good to hear! :) How did you know you ovulated? I am going to start temping tomorrow, and count day 1 of my withdrawal bleed as cycle day 1.. I know it's not technically correct, but checking CM is confusing me and not sure what "type" I have right now, if that makes sense lol. I've never tracked it before. After my withdrawal bleed I had quite stretchy yellowish cm, then dry, and now it's white and like lotion and not stretchy at all. I don't know where I'm at or if I've ovulated! :shrug: It's frustrating!

Hey :) every cycle i get ovulation pain & my cm changes aswell, the day after i ovulate my cm goes creamy sticky as apposed to watery, ive started temp taking again, this will be my 2nd cycle tracking, the first time i temp tracked i fell pg with my son, i was getting positive opks but didnt ov until 3-4 days later, plus, i love science, its kinda like a lil science experiment on ye body ha ha

Hi, i stopped bcp the day i got my period then used opks and got a positive on day 9 so ovd cd10. Had a 23 day cycle that month, next month usec opks and ovd cd10 also on a 25 day cycle. Xo

Wow, thanks Ladies! Goes to show how different everyone is.

I thought I could have been been having ovulation pain about an hour ago, it felt like a slightly sharp pain on my left side at the pubic bone. No idea? But cm was stretchy today, but still not like egg whites.. I took my first temp today, so we'll see how that goes. I don't know if I'll be able to pinpoint ov this cycle, I can just hope af comes at a decent time so I can ttc in jan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->