When did you seek advice from a doctor?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
So I'm on CD1 again, sixth cycle TTC... My average LP is only 9 days, I managed 10 days this month with high dose B6! But its still so short. Average implantation is 9dpo and I'm usually bleeding by then.

I'm desperate for answers but I'm worried my GP will brush me off as its only been 4 months (but 5 cycles as they're so short :dohh: ) and because I have a child already.

Our son was a one time 'oopsie' but I had normal cycles (29 days) then.

Should I seek advice now or wait?

Have you just come off BC? I think GP may make you wait as it can take up to 6 months for your body to get back to normal. It's worth asking though

Thank you for replying :) Yes I came off the combined pill in April, I guess I have to be patient.

Well people with no children have to wait a year for a referral so I assume you would have to wait the same? Although you could not mention you are tv and say you are concerned about your periods and the changes?

Well people with no children have to wait a year for a referral so I assume you would have to wait the same? Although you could not mention you are tv and say you are concerned about your periods and the changes?

We have no children together (I have none at all) and we got a referral immediately on asking. All it took is a phone call to our doctor's office and we had a referral the same day. Going to the fertility clinic next week. We've only been seriously trying 3 months, but I want to test DH's fertility just in case.
I say go for it and get to the doctor. I can't imagine being able to conceive if your LP is only 9 days. It takes 9-10 days to implant on average, so unless you happen to have an unlikely short implantation time at the same time it won't happen.. What have you got to lose? At least you'll have some answers and reassurances.

We went straight at the year mark when we were TTC our first. I waited 3 years this time but that's because we know I have issues so we thought we would give it a little longer.
It's worth a try, I think it depends on your doctor when they will do it, some seem to be stricter and make you wait 18 months, others do it sooner. Xx

It's worth asking. My gp referred for tests after 6 months when ttc #1 because my cycles were irregular (pcos diagnosed later)

I managed to lengthen my lp from 8 days to 10/11 days with a 50mg vitamin b complex when ttc #2. The b vitins work together in a balance I think - so a complex might work better for you than just b6? Just a thought. Good luck!

It's worth asking. My gp referred for tests after 6 months when ttc #1 because my cycles were irregular (pcos diagnosed later)

I managed to lengthen my lp from 8 days to 10/11 days with a 50mg vitamin b complex when ttc #2. The b vitins work together in a balance I think - so a complex might work better for you than just b6? Just a thought. Good luck!

Thank you, I'm taking it with an equal dose of b12 and pregnacare prenatals. I hope it lengthens it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->