when did you start Buying/Looking at baby stuff?

Hi i am 16+4 and i have started to pick little things up like sleepsuits and vests but we are going to wait until our scan on the 10th September to buy anything else as we are finding out what we are having. We are going to mothercare today to set up a baby plan on a pram as it has money off and you can pay money off each month. I think it all depends how you feel yourself.
xxxx

I picked up our pram off ebay at about 9wks, was a bargin and I couldn't resist!
Other then that the last 3-4wks we've started getting some bits and pieces, nappys, wipes, cotton balls/toiletries etc. have also started a collection of babygrows/sleepsuits and other clothes. our bouncer and play gym have arrived this week.
still got lots to do though..

Think ive left it a bit late!! Weve just started lookin at prams and stuff, but we have been moving house so i feel like ive neglected bump lately! The HIP grant will help loads too but that wont be here for a while, might wait until im on my maternity to go on a mad spending spree!! haha x

i started looking pretty much as soon as i fell pg, and bought our pram at 9 weeks :) go for it hun xxx

So far I have

-about 500 different brands/sizes of nappies (used all the money-off vouchers - tesco baby club do great vouchers!) ,

-a few packs of wipes

-a spare bedroom for the baby

-this colourful mamas and papas playmat

And thats it. I have a week off work early october when I will be 26wks and thats when I plan to go out and choose pram, cot etc

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 33
21 weeks we started looking, and didnt buy anything till 24 weeks, still not bought anything big :hugs:

XXX

I've not bought anything yet but my mum dragged me into mothercare today and I've found the pram I want. It's a silver cross one but it's not in the catalogue I picked up so feeling it might be end of line. I really want this pram but I'm terrified about buying it so early! x

I've had a wander into various shops looking at pushchairs but haven't bought anything at all yet. We're waiting until our 20 week scan (next Weds) and then the buying will being I'm sure!

I started buying little bits and pieces from 12 weeks onwards, so quite early i guess, but that doesn't mean we're super organised as we still have LOADS to get yet!

Thank for all your replies Ladies..
i have been looking and Looking and falling in Love lol
But resisiting the Urge at the mo lol..
Only another 5wks and 4days until 20wks haha am so sad lol xx

Hi Miissdior - so sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

I was also anxious about buying too much too soon, so I don't really have anything. I did buy a little onesie at around 20w and then last thursday at 24weeks I bought a few little outfits to celebrate!! But I haven't bought anything substantial yet. I figure I still have time though!
xx

hi hun well i have bought like the odd neutral baby grow and like wipes few nappies little things but im not gna buy any big things until 24 weeks wen babys viable so i dont jinx it alll :) must of been hard for u to do that tho i wish u all the luck in the world :D xxx

hey hun, sorry to hear about your loss :(

i started buying after i'd been for my 1st scan which was bout 11 and half/ 12 weeks. ive just gone 26 weeks and av got everything. pram(s), cradle and moses basket (although i have to admit, it was my mums so its not new, but i love it)...

i just culdnt stop myself

xxx

We went into mothercare and toysrus the day of the early scan (10+5) just to look. We agreed we wouldn't look seriously until after the 20 week scan.

Now that's gone we've (I think) chosen a travel system, nursery furniture and brought a few clothes.

Funny how it takes so long to choose stuff for baby, when we choose stuff for ourselves we just walk into the shop and go "that one will do" - ha ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->