When did you start dressing LO (especially boys!) in proper clothes?

i started dressing my daughter in clothes at about 2 weeks. At the start it was purely convenience as shes such a sicky baby but now I just do it because I get dressed I guess, makes us seem ready for the day but if we are just staying in she has wee joggers to wear like me

I kept Ronan in sleep/playsuits and rompers most of the time until he was about 7 months old and it got colder and with added layers it made it harder to do nappy changes if he was in one piece clothes. He still usually only wears tights and/or soft cotton/fleece pants and a long sleeved shirt over a vest with socks on his feet most of the day. Anything stiff or structured just looked horribly uncomfortable and seemed to hinder his freedom of movement when he was smaller. Even now I only rarely put him something like a pair of jeans or slacks when we're going out somewhere I want him to be dressed up a little more and as soon as we're home, off they come!

Sophie was in little outfits from when she was just past her due date (she was 13 weeks premature and we got her home 6 days before due date), but it was summer and she had gorgeous little dresses and frilly matching pants, or nice little tops and trousers/rompers etc. She's soooo much easier to handle in babygrows though and I still sometimes put her in one for daytime wear if it's a bit fancier or really really nice! Tops and dresses really tend to ride up a lot. I never put her in jeans or anything like that because i just feel they are too rough against her skin.

Probably when she went into 3-6 month stuff at about 4 months old I'd dress her occasionally. Since she's been in her 6-9 and now 9-12 month clothes we dress her everyday. Only ever soft clothes though, leggings and joggers with tops never jeans or anything without an elastic waistband.

I began 'dressing' Ava up at 3 months when she outgrew most of her 0-3 sleepsuits. Before then, I only dressed her up for special ocassions. She has less 3-6 months sleepsuits so I only use them for night times and occassional lazy days.

He had a few outfits in 0-3 but mostly his 0-3 stuff was baby grows. He's big so moved into 3-6 at 2 months and we had a LOT of proper outfits bought for us in that size (still in now) so gets dressed in proper clothes maybe 4 days a week and the others I just put him in a nicer baby grow for the day xx

Since Owen went into 9/12 months this month he has been wearing little soft joggers dungarees and cords with a top but up till then it was sleepsuits or rompers as I think jeans etc are too stiff and uncomfortable.

Daisy is a girl obviously but she started wearing proper clothes at about a month old. She looked funny in sleepsuits all day by then because she's big, but it was summer too and it was just too hot for her a lot of the time. My niece is 11 weeks though and she still wears sleepsuits all 'the time except for special occasions.

Daisy is a girl obviously but she started wearing proper clothes at about a month old. She looked funny in sleepsuits all day by then because she's big, but it was summer too and it was just too hot for her a lot of the time. My niece is 11 weeks though and she still wears sleepsuits all 'the time except for special occasions.

O/T but I love the way you've got "getting your goat" under your name :rofl:

I've started to dress LO in proper clothes now because we got loads of lovely outfits for xmas and because my mum guilt tripped me into it lol. I have dressed him in outfits since he was born as they were bought for me and I wanted him to wear them at least once but only when I could be bothered or taking him out somewhere. They've only started to be practical as he's got bigger.

I started to dress Hazel in clothes from when she was about a week old. I prefer to get her dressed. I was the same with my eldest daughter. Hazel wears babygros for bed, not during the day. x

I agree, I always think babygrows are for bed IMO. We dressed Luke in proper outfits when he was a week old after leaving scbu. Both mine and dh's family moan that they have never seen him in a babygrow, and that he was never a "baby baby". The first outfit he had was a pair of soft jeans and a Tiny Ralph Lauren polo shirt and he looked soooo cute! X

When he was a couple of days old, but waited a couple of weeks for 'grown up' clothes. softy clothes do look comfier though! i'm off to buy him some new clothes on weds but i need to find ones in 12-18m.. any ideas? x

For the first few weeks, it was so warm she practically lived in vests. Started dressing her occasionally after about 4 weeks but that was mainly due to pressure from others to start dressing her "properly" but I had lots of lazy days, especially when no-one was coming visiting! These days I dress her everyday, because I strip her to her vest for when we eat breakfast so it's just as easy to dress her in clothes than a sleepsuit.

I had quite a few rompers in the early days but again, it was so warm she was too hot in a sleepsuit anyway.

I always dress my LO and have done from about 6 - 8 weeks, there is some gorgeous soft all in one suits and little sets for boys in mothercare and matalan, dont ever put him in jeans as always think they are uncomfortable but i have just found some in sainsburys that are really soft and lined on the inside so will let him wear them when goes up a size. Even if staying in i put him in clothes. x

Omar was in baby gros until he was 5 months, then it got warmer & I started to dress him in rompers during the day & sleep suits at night. I started to dress him in proper outfits at around 7-8 mnths but only if we'r visiting friends or going out somewhere special (dungarees or shorts & t-shirts/shirts). Now he's either in velour tracksuits or dungarees. He doesnt look comfy in proper pants/jeans & shirts esp in cold weather.

When he was 7 weeks, but only because he'd had sooo many outfits bought for him and only when seeing family.

We took a lot of outfits back to the shops, but felt guilty so kept some of them. I really don't like him dressed up in jeans etc. Hard to handle, harder to feed, hard to get the jeans over his big cloth nappy bum & I just like him looking like a baby!!

They are babies for such a sort amount of time, I'm in no rush for him to grow up, so other than special family occasions/vists, I'm going to keep him in romper suits for as long as possible!

I've always dressed LO is normal clothes when going out (about once a week) and for the last couple weeks since we went and bought her lots of new 6-9 month stuff I've been dressing her in regular clothes every day.

I've been putting Hana in regular clothes during the day for the last 2 months. I started doing it as a way for her to know the difference between night and day, if that makes sense. It's part of our night time routine to put her in a sleeper and sleep sack, and the first thing we do when we wake up in the morning is change her into regular clothes.

Gabriel is over 6 months and still spends most days in "comfys". I dress him when we leave the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->