When did you start showing?

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am 10 weeks 2 days with my first child and I feel like I've got a small bump forming but I feel kind of odd about it. My mum keeps saying her colleague is 18 weeks and only just starting to show (mind you, I'm 5 foot and she's closer to 6 foot) and it just makes me feel a bit embarrassed like my clothes shouldn't be feeling tighter already etc.

I definitely can't wait to have a proper bump but I think because we haven't announced our pregnancy to most people yet so I can't wear 80% of my clothes and feel frumpy wearing loose clothes all the time I just feel really ugly. Even just around the house I always wear loose clothes and nothing tight that shows my little forming bump because I just feel fat and don't even want my partner to see :(

So I guess I just wanted to know did anyone start showing around 10 weeks? And is it okay that I am? I have put a little weight on but the "bump" is very much my abdomen and not my actual stomach.

Yep. I'm 10 weeks with my second and have a good bump already. I didn't show for ages with my first so it's new to me. It doesn't really bother me. With all the morning sickness etc it's nice to see some evidence that it's all worth it. I understand hiding it when you're out because we aren't telling people either. But I say embrace it whenever you can. It doesn't last long really so I'd make the most of it. Small frames, the position of baby etc all effect the size of your bump so try not to compare yourself to others. Do you plan on telling people when you reach 2nd tri? If you do, its not too long until you can stop with the less fitted clothes.

Everyone is different. Some people hardly show at all until the end and some will show almost straight away. I am 5'5" and have long legs and a very short abdomen. I was in maternity clothes by 11 weeks with my 1st baby, 9 weeks with my 2nd and my clothes are already tight this time around so I'll probably be in them in a couple of weeks.

There is no right or wrong so don't feel embarrassed, it's lovely having a baby bump and those that don't get one until later will often wish they had one sooner! X

this is my 3rd pregnancy and I had to get maternity pants practically right away because it was uncomfortable wearing my regular ones. I'm on the heavier side this time around so I probably won't show for a while but I feel it. Everyone shows at different times, I'm sure it looks great, no matter if someone else just started showing later. There's a lady at work that just told me she's 5 months pregnant and I didn't notice until she pointed out her tiny bump. Enjoy it while it lasts (and before it takes over :haha:)

Everyone is different. Some people hardly show at all until the end and some will show almost straight away. I am 5'5" and have long legs and a very short abdomen. I was in maternity clothes by 11 weeks with my 1st baby, 9 weeks with my 2nd and my clothes are already tight this time around so I'll probably be in them in a couple of weeks.

There is no right or wrong so don't feel embarrassed, it's lovely having a baby bump and those that don't get one until later will often wish they had one sooner! X

Girl I feel you! People would tell me how big I was but I also have a short torso and long legs. I cannot help how I show, other than that only my tummy grew and I am 5'2.

You're right in that there is no right or wrong, but other people do find the need to say 'your bump is so small (are you eating?!)' making women feeling equally bad, as 'are you sure you're not carrying twins?'. Both are just as bad, and people think it is coool to pass judgement when we cannot help or decide how we carry in pregnancy, and no way is wrong, all ways are beautiful. How do they dare judge something that is out of our control? (even if it was though it is not okay). So I think women can become insecure about their bump, or how their bump might be. :growlmad:

i just had my first baby exactly 4 weeks ago. my boyfriend and i noticed my belly bump at 9 weeks but it wasnt obvious until week 20 to everyone else, like strangers and so on. im 5'2 and was size petite all throughout pregnancy(i didnt notice i was that overall small until i had body measurements done for a personalized belly support band)

i HAD to wear maternity bottoms by week 8. it was sooooo tight and uncomfortable for me to wear anything other than those!

8+2 with my third baby and not showing a bit yet. With my second I was much thinner and had to get into maternity almost straight away. So far this time I'm still comfortably wearing all my normal clothes.

With my first I didn't show until I was around 30 weeks. I even wore my regular pants until around 27 weeks without having any kind of issue. Now, I'm at 9 weeks and I've just ordered a belly band so I can keep wearing my jeans without buttoning them.

I think I started showing around 18 weeks with my first but I have a tall slender frame and do a lot of pilates (or least I did back then) so I had fairly firm abs to start.

It seems like everyone is different. I can't wait for a proper baby bump either x

I started to look pregnant and not just bloated about 20 weeks. I look back on photos when I thought I was massive at like 14 weeks and laugh!
I went on holiday at 15 weeks and proudly had my bump out and wore tight clothes to show it off.. looking back I just looked chubby! 😂

With my first I had a teeny, but noticeable bump around 15 weeks
With my 2nd again, 15 weeks

This is my 3rd pregnancy, I'm 9 weeks gone, and still nothing there, I'm flat as a pancake, expecting not to start showing until I'm in 2nd tri

Thanks so much everyone for your responses! It's great hearing a bunch of different experiences. I'm 11 weeks 1 day now and although I can still quite easily hide it I definitely have a small bump - its funny because my tummy is still flat but then my womb pops out! I'm getting better about it now, my partner loves it and is excited and slowly more people close to us are being told so it's feeling nicer.

We told a couple we are good friends with the other night and one of the first things they said was "oh, almost 11 weeks so you must be starting to show?" it was a relief that not everyone thinks you can't show before 20 weeks + !

I imagine the massive rush of excitement won't really set in til we announce it properly. I'm 12 weeks next week but I'm thinking we'll wait til 14 weeks, I've just ordered some adorable newborn shoes for the announcement photo so gotta wait on those :thumbup:

Last time I was about 20 weeks when I started showing but this time I feel so big already! I hope it's bloat!

For my first pregnancy it didn't show for people who don'tk now me until 20+ weeks, through it certainly showed for me and I felt it a little while before that.

For my second, it was a lot faster...

Right now with my third, I'm at 6 weeks and I can button up my old jeans but it's way too uncomfortable to tolerate and there is a small roundness there already. I want to hide the pregnancy from co-workers and others until the 2nd trimester at least, but I have a feeling it'll be obvious before then lol We'll see.

Embrace your little belly! My first pregnancy I was in maternity pants by 12 weeks and this time I am already! It's so fun to watch your belly grow. Just wait till 2nd tri, so much fun! 😀

Well a lady at work who knows said to me today it looks like I have a bit of a bump forming already. I am only 8 weeks on Friday this week so not far along at all. This is my first. I agree I have a belly but I don't believe it can be to do with baby and more likely just me putting on weight from eating or something. It can't be baby can it? X

Well a lady at work who knows said to me today it looks like I have a bit of a bump forming already. I am only 8 weeks on Friday this week so not far along at all. This is my first. I agree I have a belly but I don't believe it can be to do with baby and more likely just me putting on weight from eating or something. It can't be baby can it? X

Most likely bloating. But bloating caused by baby so who's to say it's not a baby bump 😋

With my first I was not showing until 20 weeks my tummy was completely flat then boom over night I had a tummy... Second I was showing at 15 weeks... Third at 10 weeks, this one at 14/15 weeks xxxx every body and every pregnancy is different, people should not compare you to others its really silly and hurtful.

I'm in the same boat!! 11 weeks today with my first and I haven't fit into my regular pants since around week 8. I know it's some bloat, some weight gain, some whatever and not reeeeally baby, but I've always been small with a flat stomach until now so I'm just embracing it! It is very hard to hide though! We're telling our friends this weekend, which we originally felt might be too soon but it's just to hard to hide so now it will feel like a relief. I've always wanted this little bump I've got going on, so while I've had times I think everyone will think I'm fat or whatever, I'm more than happy it's here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->