When did you start wearing maternity clothes with your 1st?!

Bing28

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
This is my 1st pregnancy and I'm only 8 weeks but already feeling the need to buy some maternity skirts/trousers for work. But I just feel it's way too early yet!

To be honest, it probably didn't help I over indulged over Xmas and then got my BFP at start Jan when my clothes were already a little tighter, so I never really had time to lose the extra pounds I put on! I don't feel too bad in my clothes at the start of the day but by the end of the day they are so so uncomfortable and tight from the bloatedness I'm experiencing!

I'm interested in knowing when you started wearing maternity clothes with your first?

With my first it wasn't until around 5 months and even then I don't think I really needed maternity. I didn't show until way later 1.) Because I was young and hiding the pregnancy (very well, naturally) and 2.) I think with the first it takes a bit longer to show, but everyone's different.

I started using a belly band with my pre-preggy pants at about 6 weeks with this pregnancy (my third). At 10 weeks I'm now sportin' maternity pants but also bought a few extra pairs of leggings as well.

I started wearing some tops and dresses after 12 weeks, but that was more because I wanted to say I was in maternity clothes versus an actual need for it. :haha: I wore my normal pants up until the day I delivered. (I wear low-rise jeans and leggings so the waistline always sat under the bump)

Me at 18 weeks or so with my first:
2015-01-07_14.46.47.jpg

Me at a mere 9 weeks with my third:
20150128_105051-1.jpg

Oy, how kids can change the body...​

Love those pics mamma bunny :)

First time round I was around 18 weeks when I cracked open the mat gear, this time round 6 weeks, lol!

I'm 10 weeks with my first and I'm still clinging to my normal trousers. Definitely uncomfortable though! I usually where leggings if I know I can't handle it on a certain day and there's one pair of work trousers that I definitely can't wear! I think it's more due to my constant bloat then anything else but that's okay. Maternity clothes are fun!

I'm usually a size 10 but by week 8 the first time round I went out and bought some standard size 12 clothes as I didn't want to raise suspicion. Luckily I've got all the same clothes for this time round. I started wearing official maternity clothes around week 14.

With my son I went into maternity jeans at 12 weeks but everything else I could get away with till around 18 weeks. This pregnancy however I'm already in maternity clothes, have a lovely little bump :)

With my first it was around 18weeks, incidentally that's also when morning sickness started to let up! I'm only 5weeks at moment but feeling quite bloated, hoping to get away with normal clothes for at least 16 weeks this time round!

I'm pregnant with my first, and your situation sounds exactly like mine!! I didn't want to buy any maternity pants yet because it feels too early for me. So I went the next size up and they are swimming on me! I'm literally pulling them up every 2 minutes. Think I'm going to have to get some maternity ones :(

I actually went shopping today and all the maternity trousers looked huge and there wasn't a huge choice so I think I may have to buy a couple of pairs of trousers one size up for now to cope with this bloating!

Thanks for the tips ladies! :flower:

With my first i was about 18 weeks I think. You can thread a hair elastic through the button hole if your trousers and fasten to the button and itwill give you an extra cocouple of weeks!

10wks with my first. i still had a bit of bloat at that point but I just felt more comfortable in maternity stuff so I bought it early. I figured I'd get my money's worth and wear it for longer!

With my first it was around 4/5 months I think. I imagine with this one it will be a lot sooner. I'm actually looking forward to getting a bump again!

I'm nearly 11 weeks at in the last week or so I have literally popped out. I've bought work trousers 2 sizes up. (I'm usually a uk12 and these are 16s!!! -I've never owned a 16 before!) I've also got some stretchy stuff to keep me going until proper maternity wear time

I bloated lots with 1st so I think around 10 weeks as comfort was way more important to me that what type of clothes they where. If you get under the bump they fit pretty much the same as standard sized clothes but just have the stretch.

I never did at all with my first 2! I always wear low rise jeans and was able to carry on wearing those - some pairs with the elastic band trick. Leggings were also my friend. As for tops I wore bigger sizes rather than maternity. This time the bloat had kicked in super early and I'm already in bigger tops (boobs are huge already too!) But trousers are still ok. No idea how this'll progress over time though. Hopefully will be able to keep gain reasonable through keeping active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->