When did you start...........

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Kelz22, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Kelz22

Kelz22 Well-Known Member

On the babys nursery?I was wondering when I should make a start?Thanks girls :) xxx

2. bethy1512

bethy1512 due NYE 09

omg bloody ages ago! but thats only cuz im sooooo impatient. i wish i'd left it until i was on maternity leave cuz then i would of had something to occupy myself with. lol

3. Su11

Su11 Mum to H, Leo & Jake

Ours has been done for ages now - we did it in sept (i think, soz preggo brain in overdrive today) as OH had a week off and im impatient :blush:

:hugs:

4. xerinx

xerinx TTC logans lil bro or sis

Mines done already and has been for ages! I still go in there now tho and move everything around! All i need now is a mattress for his cot and everything is complete!!

5. new mummy h

new mummy h First little princess!!!!

we started after we got back off hols middle of october! only had it wallpapered end of November but we had the cot - now its just finishing touches - the odd shelf, painting drawers etc and putting pics up :) xx

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member

we started it back in september but thats because we had just moved into the house then and there was a bunch of work needing doing on the room before we could decorate.

7. Maybebaby80

Maybebaby80 Well-Known Member

The nursery was already painted a beige colour and cream carpet laid when we moved in last year but have only begun to move stuff out and turn it into a nursery yesterday!!!

8. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

err... start? I don't intend on starting untill bubbas here. She'll be living in our room for 6 months anyway! lol

9. Jox

Jox 💙💙💙💝

ours was mostly finished by about 28 weeks...just finishing touches now but completely ready for our LO.

How have you resisted not starting it already??

xxx

10. twiggy56

twiggy56 Mummy expecting #2

I started when i was the same along as you i think it was...28 weeks! But we only really had one wall to paint and a couple of things to put up on the walls! Iv not got a cot...as we will be moving a few months after bubs is here so would just be another thing to move as iv got a beautiful crib to have her in with me for the first 6 months anyway!

11. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

we started when we moved in back in August, painted, glossed, new carpets etc. :) x

12. Helabela

Helabela Mum to Sophie and ttc

We completed ours 3 weeks ago!

13. Mimi80

Mimi80 Well-Known Member

We started ordering and buying things at about 22 weeks. My OH painted the walls, put in a new floor, a built in wardrobe and put the furniture together in the last 3 weeks.
    We still need all the bedding, curtains a rug and accessories. Think that's the hardest part!
    I fell in love with a really fancy brand of baby-stuff and am thinking of ways to finance some key-elements but the OH simply refuses. Doesn't even "allow" me to buy it with my own money :p

14. digs

digs Expecting baby #2

I've cleared the room but that is as far as I have got! Really want to get on and do it but OH won't let me paint and he has a list as long as his arm of things to build! Can't wait, have made 3 wooden Elmer the Elephants to go on the wall and I have started to make a patchwork elephant to go on the cot quilt.

:)

15. BeccaMichelle

BeccaMichelle Mummy of 2

ummm start? lol I think we're planning on making a start sometime this week since hubby is on vacation... Don't have anything to go in it yet and don't know where to put the stuff that's already living in that room!! should be fun...

16. Kelz22

Kelz22 Well-Known Member

Lol just hadnt got the time to start it really.Hopefully make a start on it in a few weeks or so.Maybe after the new year.xxx