When did you stop being able to button your jeans?

seabump

Reaction score
I'm at 8 weeks and can no longer zip up my jeans. I have to use a rubber band around the button to hold them together. I'm wondering if I'm just bloated or this is actually pregnancy tummy. Also, does anyone know if it's bad for the baby for jeans to be too tight? Even with the rubber band I feel a lot of pressure around my uterus.

I've been in my maternity jeans since the weekend, couldn't bear the thought of trying to button up my normal jeans, lol. It won't harm baby, just not very comfortable for you if your clothes are too tight x

I bought maternity jeans a couple of weeks ago as I couldnt cope with anything tight around my stomach. Last few days my normal jeans are hanging off me. I have lost half a stone since getting pregnant though.

ive stopped wearing jeans since week 8 because as soon as i put them on, not only was it uncomfortable but i developed horrible cramps within a minute of just sitting in them or standing in them. i wear stretchy fleece leggings and they're wonderful. tight clothes are definitely bad for baby, especially as you get bigger. it raises the chance of birth defects and/or problems during prenatal because it restricts the daily necessities baby needs by a percentage that shouldnt ever exist with maternity clothing or loose clothing. my mom's friend didnt want people to know she was pregnant so she wore her usual clothes all throughout her pregnancy and it caused her son to be born with a chronic birth defect and she didnt have any kids after him because of that. im not saying its a 100% that it will cause bad things but the risk grows higher the farther along you go without wearing proper maternal wear.

I had one pair of jeans that I could wear up until about week 8 and then I couldn't button or zip them anymore. I gave up on them and switched to Yoga pants. My aunt gave me her maternity jeans and wow they are a lifesaver! I'm 11 weeks and in full blown maternity clothes with the exception of yoga pants and t-shirts. Hope you find something that works for you! Comfort is what's most important for both you and baby.

I'm 12 weeks and technically I can still do it up easily but it's not comfortable for long! So I use the hair elastic trick.

I'm much earlier than you but have been unable to cope with anything more than leggings and dresses since before my missed AF was due. All going well, I don't think I'll be wearing jeans again for a while!

At that stage it's bloat, not baby, the baby and all that goes with it is still tiny. At 9 & 13 weeks I couldn't button my jeans due to bloat, and the occasional evening now I can't, but the rest of the time it's fine and I'm the same size and shape with no bump, which really shows that in the earlier weeks it was obviously bloat which I knew.

And jeans being a little tight that early will do no harm, baby is well protected.

I'm only 4 weeks and sooo bloated that my regular jeans aren't comfy. Mostly just wearing leggings to get through but I don't think I would have a problem with wearing maternity. Not because I have to just because they are so much more comfortable

I'm at 5 weeks and already wearing maternity pants bc it is way too uncomfortable to sit all day at work in my normal jeans.

Have you tried low rise jeans? I have big hips so that's all I wear for jeans, and I was able to wear them my whole pregnancy, including on the trip to the hospital to get induced at 41 weeks. They sit below my belly, so bloat/baby was never an issue. :flower:

With my last baby, I could wear regular jeans until mid second trimester! Its not bad for baby if your jeans are tight; baby is safely protected inside you. I asked my doctor because, in a crazy moment, I asked if wearing tight jeans is what made my son breech. She told me it had nothing to do with it. This time, i think I'm gonna be lucky to make it to 12 weeks without buying maternity pants...

I'm veryyyyy bloated, but I'm finding the only pair that are uncomfortable are "shaper" jeans (which I totally need right now :haha:) the rest of mine are fine, except when Im feeling queasy, I find I dont really want anything touching my stomach!

Um. I was 6-7 weeks :haha:

I now have a selection of jeans a size up and lovely stretchy trousers from the charity shop. Ahh.

You can get waist band expander a for this in between stage and I've also bought leggings in a size bigger than usual. I've been bloated since 6 weeks!

Tight jeans won't do harm at this stage - uterus is still tucked away.x

I'm 7 weeks and not having an issue with my lower rise jeans but the ones that sit higher are out. I'm wearing a ton of fleece lined leggings (I had 8 pairs before I got pregnant). I have one pair of jeans that sit higher that are ok on certain days but most of the time just uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->