When did you stop testing

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
And have any of you used a FRER and a FRRR (First Response rapid result)?
Just wondering because FRRR are much less sensitive, apparently being 50-100mIU, whereas FRER here (UK) are said to be 12.5mIU. I used a FRRR yesterday which had a super bold test line and barely a control line left, but today's FRER was darker than control line but wasn't like the FRRR. Is this because it's too sensitive to cope with the hCG level now?
I had a 2-3 on a CB digi, so in theory levels should be somewhere between 200-2000.
I was far more chilled out about testing with my other children, and didn't test loads with them, so I'm not hugely familiar with things like hook effect (if that's what's happening to the FRER) or if it just takes those longer to get as dark as the FRRR, which doesn't make any sense to me.
I should just put the tests down and just use the other CB digi in a few days instead

I stopped when I got 3 plus on digital

when i had my chemical in january i couldnt stop testing bc i felt something was wrong - eventually the lines faded and disappeared.

With this one, i waited until my period was missed to test, got a "Yes+" on a digital and went to get blood work a couple days later at the doctor to confirm.

See I keep having dreams about tests disappearing because we have had so many chemicals so I have become a little obsessed I think. I will probably just use cheapies until I (hopefully) see a 3+ on a digi and then I think I will feel ok to stop

I've just took my last digital because I wanted to see 3+ and it's there. I feel better if not poorer for all the flipping tests I've bought. I wish I could have a scan every week!

I think when you feel it's ok for you to stop then that's the time to give it up. I took 2 tests, march 3rd and 4th. Both positive and gave up then, but then started getting anxious and ended up taking a digi a few days ago just to reassure myself. definitely giving up now though. it drives me insane! :haha:

I'm probably going to use a digi Sunday as I got my first 2-3 Sunday so hopefully a week is enough time to see a 3+

Lol cupcake don’t worry I tested for a long time too - every day until probably a week after I missed my period, then it was like every couple days... every few days... every week - actually out of curiosity I pulled one out just a couple weeks ago to see what would happen :p I had a gigantic box of IC’s about to expire haha, so that contributed to all of the tests.

But test away you deserve to see those lines! You’ll slow down as you get more confident in wrapping your mind around there being a sticky baby in there :)

You know what doesn't help is the fact I can't get my temp down. It went to normal once since Sunday night, otherwise it's stayed between 38-38.8 and nothing is helping. It's really weird because I don't really feel like you would with a fever, I just feel like I have one of the worst colds I have had so far in my life. I have read about complications and it scares me and I keep having dreams that my tests all fade and go negative like before so each day I'm poas just to make sure the lines are still there. I wish they'd hurry up and send a scan appointment through

I can’t remember from your journal - have you been trying Tylenol? I had a super high temp around 11 weeks and the only thing that helped was baby Tylenol. I’m sure your baby is doing just fine :)

Sander how did your experimental test turn out? I didn't remember to ask.
I have been taking paracetamol and then was told take ibuprofen but they're not doing the trick so antibiotics it is as it seems it's gone to my chest and ears

I told myself I would stop testing after I got the 3+ on the clearblue digital. Still took a few after that though :dohh:

If it's making you feel less anxious then you keep testing! It will get to the point where you feel like your ready to stop. With my second pregnancy that was right up until the scan lol!

I stop after my first clear blue normally but this time I've only done 2 FRER and I'm not doing a clear blue because of the cost.

I find it reassuring to still see lines there. But I think I will stop if we see a 3+ on a digi

Sorry cupcake not sure what test you’re talking about? Maybe you’re thinking of someone else?

How are you feeling today?

Sander, you said you used a test the other day just to see, I just wondered how that turned out since I haven't seen anyone use one as far along as you are!
I feel like rubbish because I reacted to the antibiotics they gave me so I won't be taking any more of those

Ooh that’s right!! Ha I wasn’t sure what you were talking about. Yes it was positive but not as dark as the control. I mean it came up quickly but I was surprised it was relatively dark - earlier on at like 13ish weeks I tested the hook effect and that was cool, because the test that was like 90% water was super dark where the one just dipped in urine was relatively light.

Isn't that weird. Perhaps it's because hCG level start to drop later on?

I think that must be it, because there’s definitely a squirming baby in there haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->