• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

When did you tell people?

miccoops

Reaction score
So I have my 12 weeks scan on Tuesday (has one about two weeks ago but my dates were out so was pushed back two weeks).

Have told my parents, and OH's parents. Also had to tell my manager as had awful MS and ended up signed off work for a week it got that bad.

When did you start telling friends, other colleagues etc. Am thinking that (fingers crossed) 2nd scan all is still fine I might next week but wondering if its still a bit early for everyone to know...

I was planning to tell everyone this weekend after my first scan on wednesday. But things are a little unsure right now so i have to go back in 2 weeks for another scan. If everything is great at the scan i will be telling everyone then with the scan pictures. :D

My immediate family and closest friends already know. We have our first appointment today and if all goes well, I'm telling the world then! I know they say to wait until the end of the first trimester but we've been trying for 6 years. I can't wait another three or four weeks!

Already told close family and best friends. My scan is on Thursday next week. I might wait to announce it to everyone until after my amnio results are back but mine tell a few more close friends next Friday providing all ok with scan.

told a few friends already ... telling parents in 2 weeks and then announce it in our christmas cards.
we have our first scan on tuesday

I've told my sister and hubby, I plan to tell my mother, father, mother in law at exactly 9 weeks which is xmas day :)

My boss has had to be told, and we've told my twin, but apart from that we are keeping it quiet until our 12 wk scan. We've seen our baby twice already so am reassured but still want to see him / her again at 12 weeks before I tell people about it!
I am probably going to wait with my colleagues though ( except a couple of close ones) to see who is first to ask me if i'm putting on weight!! i'm already bigger and my uniform is getting snug so I doubt it will be long before someone says something!!
Hope your next scan goes well x

not planning to. they can figure it out on their own. except maybe tell my husband's boss so he can be aware.
my parents are dead so I can't announce it to them. my siblings have their own family to worry about and they live far away. I doubt I'll see them for a long time. I may email them but they showed little interests in my first son's birth so I don't care if they know or not.

my in laws, dunno. i don' t know how they will react. They don't care too much for children either.

I told my mum a couple of days after finding out, and my sister found out shortly afterwards as she was nosing around in my kitchen looking for a carrier bag and found my pregnancy pack from the GP's!

Everyone else found out after my 12 week scan. It felt like a lifetime waiting till then but im happy i waited. I told people at about 5 weeks last time and looking back, it was just too early and i would have been more upset if anything had gone wrong as i would have had to tell all my family, friends etc which im sure would have made it harder to get over in the long run.

Our parents know and my work know due to the nature of my job. We will be telling everyone else on Christmas day when i will be about 13/ 14 weeks

Congrats to all!!

We told some very close friends right away (at 4/5 weeks) and then told our immediate families at 8/9 weeks. I just told my boss today. We have an ultrasound on Monday, at which time I'll be nearly done 13 weeks. Since I was blessed to hear a strong heartbeat yesterday at my GP's office, we will tell a few friends this weekend, then after the ultrasound begin to tell everyone.

It's such an exciting time that it's SO hard to keep this secret! Good luck and a H&H 9 Months to everyone! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"