When did you tell work your pregnant?

sam3starxx

Expecting baby no 2
Reaction score
When did you ladies tell work or when are you?

I don't want my work to know yet until 12 weeks, thankfully I have no sickness so it's easy to hide for now.

However I have so many appointments coming up and two scans and midwife appointment as I have 2 medical disorders so my pregnancy needs monitoring (heart defect and rare blood disorder) so I need to book quite a few days off but I guess I have to tell them so I still get the allocated payment for hours missed (pregnancy leave for appointments) otherwise I'll lose pay.

I didn't tell my employer until I had my 12 week scan this time around. With my first, I had to tell them early for non-medical reasons.

If you've got appointments coming up soon, I would maybe tell your boss so that they know and so that you can get the time off you're entitled to...but I would say that I didn't want anyone else to know until after the 12 week scan.

If you don't tell them, then you will need to use holidays or unpaid leave to attend your appointments. You won't be able to back date any of it xx

I told my boss about 9 weeks because I was so sick (still am), I was struggling with work, and thought it looked pretty obvious when I was face planted in my desk.

I had my ultrasound on Friday, so came in this morning and told everybody else.

I was about 12 weeks when I told our family, friends, and my boss followed by coworkers shortly after.

I told my work at 23weeks, when I legally had to hand in the maternity form to them lol. Wore baggy jackets, and when I told everyone they said 'oh we just thought you were putting on weight' :haha:

9 weeks with my first pregnancy because I was quite sick with migraines and it was too hard to hide. I wasnt working during my second pregnancy, and am not working this time either. I like to try to wait unti the 12w mark though.

6 weeks because I was so ill had to go on medical leave. Previously 8 weeks, and 4 weeks. I don't see the point in hiding it. If I have a miscarriage they'll need to know so I can have my time off anyways.

I told my boss at 4 weeks. I'm only 5 weeks now, but I'm sure my coworkers are suspecting something since I'm not drinking at dinner. If they ask I'll be truthful.

I would have been about 6 weeks. I told my Head Chef and the bar owner. But only because I needed to increase to a minimum of 12 hours a week to be eligible for maternity leave. Owner told me I was a sucker for punishment because our last baby was only 6 months at the time. :haha:

I told my work at 23weeks, when I legally had to hand in the maternity form to them lol. Wore baggy jackets, and when I told everyone they said 'oh we just thought you were putting on weight' :haha:

Wow! I don't think i could hold of that long! Baggy tops are the way forward :happydance: x

I told my boss at 4 weeks. I'm only 5 weeks now, but I'm sure my coworkers are suspecting something since I'm not drinking at dinner. If they ask I'll be truthful.

I feel like that in the mornings, i drink so much coffee its ridiculous but now i am not drinking it i can tell they are thinking whats up.

My last pregnancy I was so ill I told my manager at 6w. I asked her not to share with the team but I was so sick, taking off time, I felt they needed to know (she suspected). We ended up miscarrying, so it was actually a blessing I had told them so early as they were so kind/caring (they sent flowers!!) and gave me the time off I needed to heal.

This pregnancy I will probably do the same, around 6-7w, depending how I'm feeling. I'll tell my manager, at least. For the remainder of the team and the office I'll probably wait until just before Christmas, as I plan to do an announcement on FB around then and I don't want my colleagues to find out that way.

I have a job Interview and I will
Be 9 weeks. Good thing I have some extra fat to disguise the baby 😂

Just told my manager, I'm 13 wks. I kind had to say it now as she's sorting our night duty and holidays for the year at the moment. I will keep it quiet from my colleagues for another 2 or 3 weeks if I can. We only told immediate family and 2 very close friends so far so I haven't really announced, work colleagues will be the last to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->