when did you tell work?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by aquila19, Jun 1, 2011.

1. aquila19

aquila19 Well-Known Member

i was sort of forced into telling my immediate manager because i had been scheduling sonograms, NT scan, check-ups, etc on weekdays and there was just no way i could get away with just being "sick" or not feeling well. at 9 weeks, i told only him and made sure to tell him that i didn't want anyone else knowing and he was respectful of that.

i was hoping to let work people know when i started showing so we can also discuss what happens when i go on leave.

2. mrsrof

mrsrof Mum to one :)

I've told one of the bosses in my work at about 6.5 weeks, as I'd had terrible MS one day and hadn't got work done that I was supposed to do for her! I felt she should know, and I didn't want to lie to her! Also, in case anything happens while I'm at work, I think it's handy to have someone there who knows.

3. cantwaitforu

cantwaitforu Mom of two boys and prego

I told my manager at 11 weeks...but wish I told her before! When I did tell her, she said "it's about time you told me - I've known for weeks!" I just haven't been myself and have had to wear lots of baggy clothes as my bloat bump makes me look 5 months pregnant.

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow, and plan on spending the weekend calling extended family and friends, then will probably tell everyone at work next week. I would have loved to have kept it a secret for a bit longer, but I think people already know anyway!

4. Cassie10

Cassie10 WTT After Loss

I told mine at around 8 weeks because my job can be kinda tough and I wanted them to know why I couldn't do as many things as before. They were surprisingly very cool about it!

5. Yersinia

Yersinia Well-Known Member

I told my boss around 10th week, as it has been quite stressful at work and I need some break from certain things, pressure etc....
    He took it well and is treating me very nicely :)

6. Springtime

Springtime Well-Known Member

I plan to tell work at 13 weeks after my NT scan.
    Last time I told work at 6 weeks and then had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. It was awful . So this time, I din't want to say anything until I am ok with the 13 weeks NT scan.

7. jrc10

jrc10 Harper's Mommy <3

I told at 7 weeks. After we had our first scan and saw the heartbeat. :)

I had a m/c in January and had to tell my boss in the middle of it. I didn't want that to happen again, so I let him know early on. I'm blessed with a wonderful boss though. He's great. :)

8. winterwonder

winterwonder Mum to a angel baby

I told my manager at 5 weeks, as i was going to be working with the mentally ill who could be quite challenging and violent and basically after telling him this he now has to find me safer work.

9. Tracybabydust

Tracybabydust Well-Known Member

I told my boss at 4 weeks the morning after i foundout. My job is quite serious dealing with infectious diseases so now i dont do certain things and its fun trying to cover the fact im preggers when i cant do something. I have a male collegue im close to who has 3 kids so he knows to and is helping me out but really want to tel everyone. I think it really all depends on how u feel and what yr job entails? Goodluck with yr decision.

10. babyhearts

babyhearts Well-Known Member

I had to tell mine as soon as I found out at 4 weeks because I work with chemicals and some of these are not good to be using while pregnant and I needed to tell my area manager and my assistant manager xx

11. aquila19

aquila19 Well-Known Member

I'm only concerned because I haven't told anyone yet with the exception of my mom... even hubbys parents don't know yet. Plus I have a psychotic senior manager who frowns upon us even taking our deserved vacations.

12. hollyrose

hollyrose Well-Known Member

i told my immediate line manager at 4 weeks and then when she went off work to have her baby i told her manager at 6 weeks. wanted someone at work to know cause i had 2 miscarriages in the last year and felt if anything happened didn't want it to be a big shock.