when did you tell work?

aquila19

Reaction score
i was sort of forced into telling my immediate manager because i had been scheduling sonograms, NT scan, check-ups, etc on weekdays and there was just no way i could get away with just being "sick" or not feeling well. at 9 weeks, i told only him and made sure to tell him that i didn't want anyone else knowing and he was respectful of that.

i was hoping to let work people know when i started showing so we can also discuss what happens when i go on leave.

I've told one of the bosses in my work at about 6.5 weeks, as I'd had terrible MS one day and hadn't got work done that I was supposed to do for her! I felt she should know, and I didn't want to lie to her! Also, in case anything happens while I'm at work, I think it's handy to have someone there who knows.

I told my manager at 11 weeks...but wish I told her before! When I did tell her, she said "it's about time you told me - I've known for weeks!" I just haven't been myself and have had to wear lots of baggy clothes as my bloat bump makes me look 5 months pregnant.

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow, and plan on spending the weekend calling extended family and friends, then will probably tell everyone at work next week. I would have loved to have kept it a secret for a bit longer, but I think people already know anyway!

I told mine at around 8 weeks because my job can be kinda tough and I wanted them to know why I couldn't do as many things as before. They were surprisingly very cool about it!

I told my boss around 10th week, as it has been quite stressful at work and I need some break from certain things, pressure etc....
He took it well and is treating me very nicely :)

I plan to tell work at 13 weeks after my NT scan.
Last time I told work at 6 weeks and then had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. It was awful . So this time, I din't want to say anything until I am ok with the 13 weeks NT scan.

I told at 7 weeks. After we had our first scan and saw the heartbeat. :)

I had a m/c in January and had to tell my boss in the middle of it. I didn't want that to happen again, so I let him know early on. I'm blessed with a wonderful boss though. He's great. :)

I told my manager at 5 weeks, as i was going to be working with the mentally ill who could be quite challenging and violent and basically after telling him this he now has to find me safer work.

I told my boss at 4 weeks the morning after i foundout. My job is quite serious dealing with infectious diseases so now i dont do certain things and its fun trying to cover the fact im preggers when i cant do something. I have a male collegue im close to who has 3 kids so he knows to and is helping me out but really want to tel everyone. I think it really all depends on how u feel and what yr job entails? Goodluck with yr decision.

I had to tell mine as soon as I found out at 4 weeks because I work with chemicals and some of these are not good to be using while pregnant and I needed to tell my area manager and my assistant manager xx

I'm only concerned because I haven't told anyone yet with the exception of my mom... even hubbys parents don't know yet. Plus I have a psychotic senior manager who frowns upon us even taking our deserved vacations.

i told my immediate line manager at 4 weeks and then when she went off work to have her baby i told her manager at 6 weeks. wanted someone at work to know cause i had 2 miscarriages in the last year and felt if anything happened didn't want it to be a big shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->