When did you tell your parents?

Congrats! :flower: I'm Chrissy and I actually found out with my mom. One night she came to me and asked if I was pregnant and I had actually been getting concerned that I might be. So I told her "idk... I haven't gotten my period but probably not" the next day she bought some pregnancy test and I took them all, and they where all positive. She cried, I was in shock... It's was surreal! Then the next week I went to the doctor to confirm it or not, and I was! She cried again lol. At first she was disappointed but I'm happy she knew as soon as I did because I didn't stress out as much by having a big secret. She told my dad and then once I was 12 weeks or so she told the rest of my family for me because I was too nervous too lol. My dad took it rough but within a few weeks he came around and now he is really excited! They both are! I'd say tell your mom asap... Because regardless the first reaction may not be the best but it will get better! They'll just need time to except and grasp the situation! :hugs:

ETA: I'm happy everyone knew so early because there was a lot more time to enjoy my pregnancy with everyone instead if hiding it.

hi,
congrats i'm fyrarie,
first time around i didn't tell my mum till 20weeks when i told her we were going "shopping" but actual took her to my scan :haha: (i'm sure she knew though)
this time around she found me sitting with the test :)

Congrats was baby planned? I didnt really have a problem telling my mum as she was with me when i found out but i told my dad through email. I dont live with him and i couldnt get through to his phone so i wanted to tell him before he found out from someone else.

Everyone is happy now though :)

xx

No baby was not planned at all, I was on the pill :s

Me and my mum have a really difficult relationship. I've never been able to talk to eachother really and we never spend any time together. I don't even think she knows I've had sex

Congratulations to all of you xxx

A bit off topic but is it possible to get anti-biotics in the states without seeing a Doctor? I only ask cos here in UK the doctors tell you everytime you get anti-biotics that you need to use another form of contraception and when they know its a young woman they tend to prescribe versions that affect it less if they can. Just wondering really...it's a bit bad if they haven't told you!

A bit off topic but is it possible to get anti-biotics in the states without seeing a Doctor? I only ask cos here in UK the doctors tell you everytime you get anti-biotics that you need to use another form of contraception and when they know its a young woman they tend to prescribe versions that affect it less if they can. Just wondering really...it's a bit bad if they haven't told you!

They always mention the mediation that can make your birth control inneffective but they let you take it and if you don't ask for them to explain the medication then you won't know it does anything wrong..

heyy, congratulations on your pregnancy! i fell pregnant on the pill too. it was a big shock to both me and my partner. i told my mum the day after i found out, and she told my dad at about 8 weeks. they all took it pretty well and my mum is now excited. i hope you get all the support you need and im always here if you want to pm me, and the girls on here are great!

Congratulations for your AFP, RIP to your little angel.

I was 17 when I fell pregnant. Broke it to my oldest sister, who then told my mum and dad the day I went to the doctors primarily for a termination which I was forced into by my sister and boyfriend. I didn't go through with it.

I wouldn't speak to anyone for a few days then mum assured me that everyone will support whatever option I choose to take. To me, it feels like I have no support off my side what so ever. Luckily my boyfriend's family are over the moon :)

I went to reply to this thread and then realised the OP's account is now inactive :wacko:

Wth? Why do you think that is....?

Weird... Seems strange shed already be known as "fake"?? Dnt you think? With the test pic n all?

Unless admin found her e-mail address or IP address linked to a previous banned account and she was just coming back to stir up trouble :shrug:

I've lived with my Auntie and Uncle since I was 12 so I call them my "parents". My Auntie found out when I was about 10 weeks as I'd been googling advice on how and when to announce a teenage pregnancy. She respected my wishes that I didn't want anyone else to find out before I'd told my brother. So I was 11 weeks before the rest of my family - including my uncle - found out.

Don't put it off for too long if you're scared, it'll just make it worse :hugs:
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months

Aw - I only read the first post and now the rest of the replies. Feel like a fool now, don't I :$

I miscarried in October of 2010 and by december was pregnant with Lola.
I told the right away, just coming out with it.
Its alot easier then holding it in.

I told my mam when I was a little bit drunk at my sisters 18th party only 2 days ago. She was mad at first which I was expecting but she eventually came around the next day and offered her full support.
We sat down and talked about it a lot which you really need to do asap, you will feel a hell of a lot better after talking about future plans and how you can get help from your parents.
My dad I was expecting to be worse but he just congratulated me and said he would be there for me and look after me (my parents have been divorced for many years).
You honestly will feel better after you tell them after one of the scariest parts has been dealt with in a mature way.
Gl lovely I wish you lots of luck in breaking the news! xxx :hug:

I told my mam when I was a little bit drunk at my sisters 18th party only 2 days ago. She was mad at first which I was expecting but she eventually came around the next day and offered her full support.
We sat down and talked about it a lot which you really need to do asap, you will feel a hell of a lot better after talking about future plans and how you can get help from your parents.
My dad I was expecting to be worse but he just congratulated me and said he would be there for me and look after me (my parents have been divorced for many years).
You honestly will feel better after you tell them after one of the scariest parts has been dealt with in a mature way.
Gl lovely I wish you lots of luck in breaking the news! xxx :hug:

You got drunk after you found out you were pregnant???

What? You got drunk after you already knew you were pregnant? In the 1st Trimester of pregnancy that is extremely dangerous for your unborn child as they are going through their main stages of development and growth.

What? You got drunk after you already knew you were pregnant? In the 1st Trimester of pregnancy that is extremely dangerous for your unborn child as they are going through their main stages of development and growth.

That's extremely dangerous, especially if you're early in your pregnancy :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->