When did you tell your SO...?

BrandysMum

Reaction score
Hey :flower: as the title says, I'm interested to know when people told their SO's they were pg? I'm about four weeks I think, not entirely sure. I've had a positive blood test and my hpt's are getting darker, but I'm not entirely sure when a good time to tell my partner is.

Last year I had a chemical so this time, I'm a bit more wary about telling anyone just yet. I'm considering waiting until I have my first unltrasound so that I know everything is ok as I've had some brown spotting for a few days and some mild cramping, but then I kind of feel like I'm being selfish for not including him from the very beginning. :wacko:

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 3
I told mine within minutes of my bfps. I cant keep it to myself and if i was to lose it then id rather not go through that alone either..i wouldnt go to an ultrasound without him. Just my opinion though.
What does your gut tell you to do?

Honestly the second I found out. If I could've held it in I would've but I can't keep secrets 🙈 He'll understand either way and it'll be nice to have someone to share the experience with so I would just tell him. The way you feel is how he will feel, excited, anxious, nervous just like any other couple that found out they're expecting. Good luck! :)

I told mine within minutes of my bfps. I cant keep it to myself and if i was to lose it then id rather not go through that alone either..i wouldnt go to an ultrasound without him. Just my opinion though.
What does your gut tell you to do?
Honestly, I'm not sure at this point. I do want to tell him, but I don't want him to be let down if it doesn't all work out. As for going to the ultrasound alone, he wouldn't be able to come anyway due to work, so unfortunately I'll be doing that alone either way

Straight away. If it weren't for him I wouldn't even be pregnant so it is his news just as much as mine. I had 2 chemicals this year but still told him straight away with this pregnancy because if it were another chemical I'd want his support.

Congratulations. Your tests look dark x

I'm with the others here. I told mine right away. He should know that anytime you guys dtd there is a risk of pregnancy so I would tell him if I were you. Whether your pregnancy is successful or you do happen to miscarry (which your tests don't look like you will) you will want his support either way. Congrats and good luck :flower:

Same with me. In fact, he was outside the bathroom door while I peed on stick and then we watched the test together! :)

I personally wouldn't worry about telling him. You in no way 'let him down' if you very sadly lose the baby, it's not your fault. My OH would 100% want to know so he could support me if anything did go wrong!

I have my fingers crossed your little is healthy! :)

With our first pregnancy (mc at 6+5) I woke him up to tell him because I couldn't wait for him to wake up (so about 2 min after seeing the second line).

The second I got a positive test while he was away on business. I tried to wait for him to come home, but I couldn't help myself.

So he found out about 20 hours later at like 4 am when he came home from the airport. I didn't think it was news to deliver over the phone.

I told him right away. He'd gone to work and I took a test, fully expecting it to be negative. It showed positive right away and I texted him a picture. I wish I had the patience to tell him in a cute, fun way! But I have a lot of anxiety surrounding pregnancy and I really wanted him to be involved, so I couldn't help myself.

Thank you for all the replies ☺️ I told him today, I tried to make it cute. He's happy and understands my concerns, so I needn't have worried about it ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 31
For #1, I had to wait a day because he was driving out of the driveway to leave town for a night when I took the test. For #2, I messaged him minutes after the test (he was already at work), this time I told him seconds after and got to show him the test.

He's worked hard for the baby too so I tell him as soon as it's possible. And I get excited and am not creative at coming up with more fun ways to tell him, lol.

Thank you for all the replies ☺️ I told him today, I tried to make it cute. He's happy and understands my concerns, so I needn't have worried about it ☺️

That's a cute idea! I'm glad he responded so well!

Beautiful, I'm sure he appreciated the effort!

That's such a cute idea! I told my fiancé by giving him baby shoes!!! Congratulations to the both you!

I told DH straight away. We have a male friend who's wife didn't tell him until after the ultrasound (worth mentioning we're in the uk so 12 weeks) and I remember him saying how hurt he still was about it years later, I couldn't do that. Adorable idea!

I just waited to make sure the line was truly there before telling DH. I have also suffered some losses. We both keep that in mind and know that it is always a possibility. I wouldn't want to protect him from knowing about a loss...I am the one suffering...he needs to be there for me should anything happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->