When did you tell your work?

nsmomtobe

Reaction score
you were preggers? I'm finding it hard to keep coming up with excuses about upcoming appt's.. did anyone tell their boss right right away?

i told my boss in confidence at 9 weeks, she then went & told people behind my back, nice! there's no best time though hun, whenever you're ready :D xx

i told my managers at 6 weeks, all my work mates figured it out by 8 weeks and i went official to head office at 10 weeks.

I told my boss last night and I am guessing I'm about 5/6 weeks. Unfortunately I work in a violent setting and was assaulted last week when I just found out I was pregnant so I couldnt take the risk. I've asked her to make it a need to know only basis though until I feel like telling everyone.

xxx

I am telling my boss this morning!!! I am so nervous...

I told 2 colleagues that I am close to at 5 weeks as I knew they'd be excited. I told one of the bosses at 6 weeks. I have not told anyone else there, but am happy about the people I've told, they're very supportive and good at keeping secrets :)

With my previous LO I told work after my first scan - at about 14 weeks.
I'll probably do the same with this one. It is an office job so I don't have any need to tell anyone early. They may have guessed (I've been pretty sick), but nobody has asked and if they do I won't tell until I'm ready.
But then, I'm not really telling anyone until after the scan.

I told my boss when I found out, almost 4 weeks at that point. I trust her completely and we're very close, so I wanted her to be aware since I knew I'd have appointments plus, if I was in the bathroom throwing up, she would know what was going on with me. I have all bases covered, no matter what happens, I know she'll understand and support me. :)

But it's different for everyone. When you feel ready, go for it. :)

with no1 I told my boss 5 mins after I found out as did a HPT as soon as I got to work lol (was in between IVF cycles at the time so as you can imagine was a total SHOCK and it was spread all over my face lol)

This time Im going to try keep it just family for a bit only OH knows just now. Im off work sick at the moment so not looking forward to going back to then say im pregnant but hey ho needs must xx

7weeks as I had an appointment which I didn't want to have to pay back time for! I told her in I wanted it to stay between myself & her but I know she's told a few others which I thought was rude!! Oh well!

I haven't told yet! I will be waiting until 14 weeks if possible, I told 2 coworkers just to have them help cover for me when I'm sick, but not the bosses. I would wait longer, but I'm starting to show and know by 14 or 16 weeks I'll have no choice but to spill! They are not fond of pregnant women or children, and will not be happy when I tell them I will be leaving right before Christmas, our busiest time!

I told my manager at 8 weeks, few days before my booking in appt. Word got around very quickly after that though. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->