When did your baby sit up alone

julietz

Reaction score
Hi all, title says it all, my lo is 7months and no signs of sitting up, she is very lazy, she useto roll over onto her belly and lift herself up with her hands, but she doesnt do it anymore, when i put her into sitting position she just rolls back and forth and cant balance, how old was your lo, and what did you do to help them along.

She sat unaided at 6 months on the day ! For us definately the bumbo helped in the beginning. Also before bedtime, I would prop her up between my legs and leaning against me while reading her a bedtime story. I think those sessions helped with the sitting.

5 1/2 months for us, but they do all vary so much so I wouldn't worry. Our LO still hasn't rolled over and hates being on his front!!

x

5 months but didnt start rolling until just over 7 months.

Dont worry hun, they are aaaalllll different!

5 months for us, but she's VERY strong. She's been walking in her walker since 4 months, all babies are different, my nephew didnt start sitting up until he was 10 months old :flower:

My little one is only sitting alone for short spells. As soon as he tries to move he tumbles. Also he used to roll but won't anymore!he hates being on his tummy now aswell.
It's frustrating having a lazy baby lol seems everyone elses are doing things. But I'm sure they'll get there. :hugs:

5 months but he is really strong. my friends baby only started at 7 months but still falls over after 30 seconds

About 6 months and since about 8months she can sit up herself from being on her tummy etc. Its just practice, just keep sitting on the floor with her and holding her up to strengthen her back :) xx

Wow everyone i ask, their lo's sit up before mine, i hope nothing is wrong, maybe i should get in touch with HV before her 9mth check, she was born at 42wks my twins were born at 37wks and were sitting up by 7 mths, but my little girl just wobbles and even cries when i try to hold her sitting up position, pediatritions refered her to childrens hospital when she wasborn cos she had a clicking hip, but when we went they said she was fine and discharged her, i just hope it nothing to do with that, we going on holiday in july she will be 8months and i was rly hoping she would be sitting up to enjoy other things.

Have u tried one of them rings to put her in to sit up against? Or a bumbo? xx

My little one is only sitting alone for short spells. As soon as he tries to move he tumbles. Also he used to roll but won't anymore!he hates being on his tummy now aswell.
It's frustrating having a lazy baby lol seems everyone elses are doing things. But I'm sure they'll get there. :hugs:

Bless maybe we just have lazy babies, anyone used those rings and did they help, imthinking about getting one for her.

i think it was about 4 and a half months =) he super strong though, he's been cruising since 5months!! xxx

Macie was 4 months when she started sitting unaided!!! Was very young but has done everything else slowly! She only started crawling a few weeks ago and then started cruising the week after and only started rolling from about 8 months! lol. and definately the Bumbo helped!!!

I promise-your LO will suddenly just surprise you one day:flower:

brooke was 5 months but really unaided at 5 and a half she is very strong though

dont worry they all do things at a diff rate

prop her up with some pillows or buy her the rubber ring i did that with brooke.

Evan was using his bumbo at 10 weeks as he's big and strong. He was sitting with support from 5 months but sitting unaided for good periods of time just before 6 months.

Yes we used a ring from about 3 1/2 /4 months and he loved it!! I hadn't thought that may have helped him but maybe it did!

Sitting unaided snd rolling were at 5 months but as others have said- all babies are different!

about 5 and a half monthsish i think. dont worry yourself though alfie still hasnt rolled they all develop at their own pace.

<3

About 4 months, but she was always sat up with support so i think tht helped. She was either in her bumbo or sat with me holdin her arms from 3 months and i cud let go and she would stay sat up fot about 20 seconds from 31/2 months. They are all different tho hunni so try not to worry, she will do it wen shes ready so just keep encouragin her :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->