When did your baby's eye color change?

AthenaPlusOne

Trying for Bean #2
Reaction score
When, if ever, did your baby's eye color change?
What did they change to?
Was it sudden or gradual?
Please share!

Following!

My LO is 8 weeks old and still has the slate-blue baby eyes. They have changed in tone slightly, but I'm hoping they stay blue as they are so pretty right now!

I expected darraghs to change because his dads are hazel/green and I thought the hazel aspect would be dominant but to my delight they've stayed blue like mine :)

Thomas had greyish brown, then brown by a few months. Now going hazel.

Sophie had grey-blue until 12 weeks. Got brown bits. Now a weird grey and brown combo.

My first son's eyes started going brown at 3 months. It was very gradual.
My second son's eyes have stayed blue and when he hit 6 months we felt safe in assuming he'd stay blue eyed. They did seem to lighten up and become less newborn blue/gray starting around 3 months.

They didn't show any hint of brown until nearly 8 months, and they've gradually been getting browner ever since. They're about 90% brown now with just the outer part of her iris still a blue.

My DD2's eyes were all blue until she was at least 2 or 3 years old and have been changing ever since then. I would say even at 4-5ish years old they were still mostly blue because we got her an American Girl Doll made to look like her and we got it with blue eyes. She's almost 8 and her eyes are different then they were last year. From far away I would say her eyes look mostly green now but up close they are multicolored but there's hardly if any blue left at this point. They're on the lighter side too. My newborn has bright blue eyes which everyone comments on as soon as they see him and I'm hoping he keeps them but after DD2 going so many years with blue eyes I know his could change at any time even if it's years from now.

I also had deep blue eyes as a baby and for years afterward then over time they stayed blue but ended up being very light and are a more grayish blue.

I expected darraghs to change because his dads are hazel/green and I thought the hazel aspect would be dominant but to my delight they've stayed blue like mine :)

well I had been confident from about 10 months/ a year but having read the other posts I'm now not so sure, although they are quite a vivid blue and people always comment on them so I'm hoping they stay!

I don't know how common it is for a child's eyes to change years down the road like mine but it is possible. I'm assuming it's probably not that common and so far it only happened with DD2 so we will see what happens with my new LO.

I don't know how common it is for a child's eyes to change years down the road like mine but it is possible. I'm assuming it's probably not that common and so far it only happened with DD2 so we will see what happens with my new LO.

My eye color shifts and I'm 36 years old. They always have and it amazes everyone. My drivers licence says hazel, and most days they are the green shade of hazel. However, if I wear blue or lavender they will look grayish blue. If I wear a shade of maroon they will look somewhat orangish. If I cry they look brilliantly green. Very rarely do they look brown. They are by far my best feature. My middle son has the same color as well. I love watching them change, and I swear his will change with his mood. My oldest has very soulful brown eyes, and my daughter has very pale blue eye. They are all so unique!

My eye color shifts and I'm 36 years old. It always has and it amazes everyone. My drivers licence says hazel, and most days they are the green shade of hazel. However, if I wear blue or lavender they will look grayish blue. If I wear a shade of maroon they will look somewhat orangish. If I cry they look brilliantly green. Very rarely do they look brown. They are by far my best feature. My middle son has the same color as well. I love watching them change, and I swear his will change with his mood. My oldest has very soulful brown eyes, and my daughter has very pale blue eye. They are all so unique!

Yours sounds like my daughters. When people ask or I have to write it down I never know what to say or write because they never stay the same color!

DS1's eyes went and stayed a lighter grey/blue at around 6 months old.

My son was born with dark brown/almost black eyes, like mine, they didn't change :)

hmm I dunno my kids kinda all have blueish eyes - well Jason's are more Hazel I suppose but still...

DH :
1385352_405291719597662_825027286_n.jpg

Me :
1375114_405291746264326_461012634_n.jpg

DD:
1391543_405291629597671_645307999_n.jpg

DS1:
1395372_405291532931014_573204580_n.jpg

DS2:
1385707_405291132931054_1108285609_n.jpg

DS3:
1375733_405291762930991_872534080_n.jpg

I guess they all gradually lighten up but I can't imagine them straying from the blue spectrum too much given mine and Dh's colours

Sofia's eyes went from hazel to dark brown at 3 months. I don't really know the science behind baby's eye colour change though. My own eyes went from green to hazel at around 2 year old (according to my family)

Born blue, turned grey, then greeny, then hazel, they're currently brown with blue around the outside (OH has blue and I have brown) I'm hoping they turn brown :)

I'm mixed race and have dark brown eyes. My OH has blue eyes.

Our daughter was born with blue eyes and a year later they are still blue. Which I'm surprised about ad I thought brown was dominant.

I don't think DSs changed all that much! stayed blue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->